Sr. Manager, Software Dev
- Hyderabad, India
Address Intelligence and Experience (AIX) team is part of Amazon Last Mile Technology and is responsible for ensuring best-in-class delivery experience for customers who shop on Amazon. The AIX team does this by learning all it can about every possible delivery location on the planet and using these inputs to drive faster delivery speed, lower cost and with most delivery convenience all at once and at scale.
Would you like to make an impact to each package delivered by Amazon? Our team aims to make every address printed on an Amazon shipping label accurate and deliverable, while ensuring we have additional intelligence such as access codes, location photos, geocodes, business hours, and customer delivery preferences. To achieve this worldwide, we focus on building comprehensive address data for the regions, and on developing sophisticated ML based software that recognizes and validates customer addresses, learns from historical data as well as through crowd sourced intelligence. While all our platforms and technology have to be global and scalable, our solutions are also customized for each region given that addresses are structured and managed very differently across countries.
In this role you will be part of a world class software engineering team which works on some of the most complex technology problems. You will be responsible to drive system architecture, lead the development and launch of core product features. You will have an opportunity of exploring and using deep learning (neural networks) algorithms, predictive analytics, machine learning, computer vision and other cutting edge technology solutions. You will provide technical leadership to the team, drive best practices, mentor other engineers and drive continuous improvements in engineering and operational excellence.
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience, managing engineers and managers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field & 10+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support.
• Expert knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java, C and C++
• Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology OR deep understanding of databases.
• Strong at object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience with data analysis/mining in large scale database environments.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade offs
Back to top