Sr. Manager, Security Assurance, Europe
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. The AWS Security Assurance team is responsible for demonstrating the security controls of services offered by AWS. At AWS scale, we invent new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our most security conscious customers. Our team works closely with regulated industries and their regulatory agencies to understand the security shift from on-premise to the cloud, security of the cloud and the customer capabilities in the cloud. Our industry specialists ensure that AWS can meet customers regulatory expectations.
We are looking for a passionate, innovative, results oriented senior manager. You will be responsible for defining and developing a program for security assurance for customers and countries across Europe, along with hiring and managing the team that will work in specific markets.
The successful candidate will enjoy working across stakeholders, including customers, to design solutions for complex security, compliance and regulatory challenges. You are passionate about the security of the cloud and you want to solve real business problems. We have a team culture that encourages ownership, diversity, inclusion, and innovation. We expect team members and management alike to take a high degree of ownership for their program, vision and execution. We expect this person to balance their unique perspective with those of the diverse perspectives of the team and its stakeholders. You will have an opportunity to work directly with most divisions across AWS as we build the tools needed to demonstrate assurance for regulated customers.
You will be a leader who can prioritize well, communicate early and clearly, and will be able to demonstrate track record of delivering both personally and through your team. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives and be able to help independent industry specialists drive simple, scalable solutions to meet customer and regulator expectations. You will be able to show how you have used data to escalate and drive necessary change.
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
• Dive deep into customer and regulatory expectations across all European industries and geos.
• Develop an understanding of regulated industry compliance requirements and communicate how AWS control activities meet regulatory obligations.
• Set strategic direction for security and oversight regulatory activities across all European markets.
• Build a strong, local, empowered teams and the senior leadership the program will need to be successful for customers in Europe.
• Liaise with customers, regulators and auditors, articulate control implementation, and describe considerations for applying security and compliance concepts to a technical cloud environment.
• Monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve the organization by being a trusted adviser, facilitator and creative problem solver. Implement continuous improvements to the security organization and the program management process. Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization.
• Apply a working knowledge of global information security regulation and policy to articulate customer and regulatory impact and drive alignment to AWS environment.
• 10+ years of professional experience in security implementation and regulatory engagement in a regulated industry or a provider of services to regulated industries.
• 5+ years managing a team of technical, regulatory and other specialists, with remote management experience.
• MBA or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields or equivalent experience.
• Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
• Ability to investigate and analyze technical and regulatory issues with applicability to AWS services.
• Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
• Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments.
• Have experience driving security programs across large diverse organizations.
• Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Travel will be required 20%-40%.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top