Sr. Manager, SBE Marketing & Events
- Seattle, WA
Small Business Empowerment (SBE) helps drive the success of small businesses (including sellers, vendors, developers, authors, and delivery service providers) and underserved business populations (including minority-, women-, and veteran-owned businesses). We are seeking a high-judgment, results-oriented, and inventive Sr. Manager to head SBE's central marketing and events functions. This role is responsible for managing a portfolio focused on drive increased awareness of and business results for Amazon's small business partners (inclusive of all SBE storytelling, high-value business, product, and experiential campaigns and experiences).
The ideal candidate is a seasoned business and marketing leader who leads by listening, thinks creatively and strategically, dives deep into details, and has a proven track record of leading complex, multi-pronged, and measurable strategies marking to both partners and end customers. You will hire, develop, and oversee a skilled team of marketing and product leaders who are responsible for the execution of the marketing and events strategies and related work streams, and you are able to lead a team to innovate, prioritize ruthlessly, and think big, while setting a high bar for quality. You will lead and develop your team to work with global stakeholders, ensure that teams are set up for success, remove road blocks, and create effective mechanisms that enable your team to scale. This role will influence senior leadership across WW Consumer.
Role and Responsibilities
• Hire, manage, coach and lead a high performing team of marketing and product leaders, including other people leaders.
• Develop the long-term strategy for your portfolio, aligning it to the goals of the organization and translate them into an achievable roadmap.
• Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Oversee the event tools and technology used across SBE.
• Own regular communication and reporting on investments and priorities, and manage key collaboration mechanisms with stakeholders.
• Be the evangelist and point of contact for your team.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in related areas of marketing and event management
• Minimum of 5 years managing teams, including hiring, performance management, and coaching
• Experience owning marketing and program strategy and end-to-end delivery
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
• MBA or advanced degree in a relevant field
• Able to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively across organizational boundaries, including influencing stakeholders without formal authority, and leading cross-functional teams across geographies and business units
• Existing knowledge of event industry tools, such as SalesForce and HTML.
• Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
• Proven success in communicating with other teams (technical and non-technical) and senior management to collect requirements and describe decisions and strategy
• Highly organized and able to prioritize and work to tight deadlines
• Excellent communication, narrative, and document writing skills
• Able to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top