Sr. Manager, Program Mgt - Retail Efficiency
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon reinvented how millions of people shop online WW. In doing so, Amazon has setup category teams in every MP with in-stock function (ISM) owning buying, supply chain and inventory management, and vendor management (VM) function owning front line vendor relationship, selection addition, terms negotiations, and profitability charters.
The vision of our newly created team in RBS is to build centralized organization to scale Amazon' Retail team WW. We want to improve productivity of retail category teams globally by RBS taking ownership of repetitive tasks and tasks that don't need in-person vendor interaction (VM and ISM functions as a central team), identify best-in-Amazon processes, standardize them, improving on defect elimination opportunities, automating work streams by enhancing retail systems software tools and operationalize these as WW services.
Amazon RBS team is seeking a senior leader with proven experience in managing and leading large-scale program implementations. This role will be responsible for building and implementing retail productivity initiative and global expansion, including: 1) identifying standardization opportunities starting with EU and scaling WW; 2) resource planning and multi-year roadmap for standardized work streams; 3) define 3YP of pilots, feature launches, and global expansion; 4) scaling program/product/ops/analytics team's training needs per workstream for RBS to oversee complex retail business decision making; 5) goals definitions and execution plan to achieve; 6) set up quality inspection mechanisms and hold the bar for timely and quality delivery; 7) manage communications across multiple global stakeholders and senior leaders; 8) make trade-offs to invest vs. returns; 9) hire and develop the team and growth plans.
• Product/Program Management
• Automation initiative conceptualization and implementation
• Productivity Improvements
• Metrics Management
• Team Management
• Strong Ownership and Bias for Action
• Fulltime MBA, with over 15 + years of experience of which a minimum 5 + years in managing projects that require interacting with customers/stakeholders
• Technical background preferred (B.Tech/B.E.)
• Hands on experience on in-stock, vendor management including metrics, supply chain and retail systems
• Understanding of RBS processes, country launches, regional(Pan-EU) and WW product rollout
• Proven history of delivering resulting while owning complex cross-functional launches while partnering with central teams - SCOT, SPS, ASCS and RBS
Back to top