Sr. Manager, Program Management - Amazon Flex
- Bellevue, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we're constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space. We are doing this by building a world class last mile operation, which includes Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors called delivery partners to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss delivering Amazon packages.
As the Sr. Manager for Flex's business with Amazon Logistics (AMZL), you and your team will raise the bar on operations excellence to help us deliver on our fill rate, cost and quality success metrics and goals. You will kickoff scrappy continuous improvement initiatives with Flex and with our cross-organizational stakeholders and iterate on those processes so that we can automate them with our tech partners. Some of the key job functions are:
• Optimize the balance between delivery quality, cost, and scheduling metrics on weekly and monthly cadences; develop targets for these metrics where they don't exist
• Support new product and program launches with our program and product partners to automate existing solutions in AMZL
• Make difficult resource trade-offs and align leadership on inputs, outputs, and priorities.
Invent and Simplify
• Build attribution models that help us prioritize root causes and build processes to mitigate them
• Move quickly to implement these processes, and build review mechanisms that will push us to continuously improve them over time
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the business' ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Develop a north star vision for Flex business over the medium- long term horizon, align with senior leadership, and drive the organization, and supporting teams, to achieve that vision.
• Provide feedback on tech roadmaps to ensure we're prioritizing the right items to achieve our long term vision.
• BA/BS required
• 10+ years developing and managing complex supply chain execution for one or many programs, including experience operating in highly cross-functional and fast-paced environments
• 5+ years experience hiring and developing high caliber teams; proven ability to recruit, manage, develop, and retain a high-performing team in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• Excel proficiency, SQL base knowledge, experience with very big data.
• Experience with Independent Contractor platforms ('gig' economy)
• MBA, Masters, or advanced degree
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to cater these communications to different audiences
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top