Sr Manager Product Naming and Brand Strategy
Principal Brand Marketing Manager – Amazon Devices
As the Principal Brand Marketing Manager for Amazon Devices, you will be responsible for naming and developing core customer-facing messaging for new Amazon devices, services, and key features. You will also lead the packaging strategy for the products you launch. You will have the opportunity to build upon established world-class brands including Kindle, Echo, Fire TV and Fire Tablets. You may also have the opportunity to create and define new brands and/or features.
In this role, you will enjoy collaborating with global product marketing, product management, UX and brand design teams across multiple organizations. You will frequently author strategy documents which you will deliver to the most senior leaders of the company. A passion for thinking big and beyond traditional brand paradigms will enable you to thrive in our culture of invention.
You are the perfect candidate if:
- You have led naming and brand strategy for a global brand or product portfolio.
- You have superior narrative writing skills, are naturally talented and developing communications frameworks, and are able to clearly articulate your multi-dimensional thinking in a white-paper format as you solve problems.
- Your creative thinking starts with the customer and works backwards.
- You are a talented storyteller, and with a proven track record for creating compelling messaging that enables customers to establish a deep, emotional relationship with a brand.
- Communicating with senior leaders is comfortable and natural for you, whether in written or verbal form.
- You are a self-starter, and can juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment.
- You thrive on receipt of constructive feedback, using it as motivation to rethink your approach.
- You think in an imaginative, abstract world, where you possess the confidence to defend your creative ideas, as well as poke holes in them.
- You can easily shift from thinking big to rolling up your sleeves to execute smaller tasks.
- You are obsessed with creating world-class brands, packaging and messaging.
- 10+ years experience in brand marketing, advertising, marketing communications.
- 5+ years experience with brand strategy, naming, and messaging development for a major global brand.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Past experience with consumer-facing digital technologies/devices.
- Specific experience with ownership of packaging.
- Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization.
- Proven ability to balance long-term visioning with immediate needs.
- Demonstrated ability to earn trust while coordinating projects across a vast network of internal teams spanning design, marketing, engineering and operations.
- Copywriting experience.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top