Amazon Web Services is seeking an unconventional, visionary, and driven Senior Manager of Product Management for AWS Insights. Our fast-growing team builds products and services to help customers manage their billing and procurement experience with AWS. To accelerate their cloud adoption, customers use our products to manage billing, invoices, payments, taxes, and procurement across their entire enterprise. Our mission is to make these inherently complexes processes simple, flexible, and easy to manage, increasing ease of doing business with AWS, and allowing our customers to focus their time and energy on innovation.
As senior manager of product management, you will serve as a senior member of our product management team, build and lead a team of expert product managers, and own the product roadmap, positioning, and go to market success for our billing console and related tools and products. Your team will primarily focus on enhancing the customer experience to make the billing and procurement with AWS intuitive and easy. Your team will define, price, and package capabilities to address customer needs. You will get to work in a large-scale business used by every AWS customer, and have a big impact every day.
Here are other qualities we desire in a product leader:
Be fun and inspiring to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun for your team and partners. You will be dynamic and creative, and able to motivate your team to take on any challenge, work across teams, and make a big impact.
Enjoy communicating with customers and partners. You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises, understand how our products can help take their cloud adoption to the next level.
Have an unbridled passion for technology. In 2020, AWS comprised more than 160 services, and we are continuing to innovate at a rapid pace. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and helping marry the most complex technical concepts into coherent solution value propositions that make business sense to customers and partners.
Be a role model for boundary-less collaboration. Your team will work hand-in-hand with many internal and external stakeholders to translate market insight into features and roadmaps; support product marketing to develop messaging and promotional content, drive product launches and adoption programs; and enable business development, solution architecture, sales and partners.
Possess a hybrid, results-oriented skill-set. While the ideal candidate is highly capable doing the inbound activities involved in building great products, you can focus your team's energy outbound as well. You are comfortable hands-on in the trenches executing on deliverables as needed to grow your products.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Hire, develop, and retain a team of product management professionals, investing in their career growth, challenging them to push beyond their comfort zone, and helping them to succeed by unblocking obstacles, providing relevant and timely feedback, and engaging with them every day.
• Develop mechanisms to ensure product and solution requirements are complete, accurate, and work backwards from the customer with primary focus on cross product experiences.
• Partner with engineering leaders from product discovery through delivery and post launch iteration to gather feedback, and improve collaboration and engagement in service of delivering the right solution to AWS customers.
• Build a culture of innovation where your team executes and tracks experiments to build community and grow consumption of services, including innovative pricing / packaging approaches, special offers, promotions, and customer adoption programs.
• Establish customer and sales feedback mechanisms to synthesize feedback and consolidate feature requests, providing category/industry/workload specific requirements to engineering and driving follow-up actions and communications.
• Build roadmaps that reflect a bold vision, informed by customer priorities, and track progress toward launch goals with clarity and precision to ensure timely delivery of high quality products and services.
• Lead your team in identifying target market segments, segment sizing and ideal B2B customer targets, and design forward-thinking positioning approaches for each segment and project a 3-5 year vision for your team to pursue.
• Define solution value propositions for targeted categories, industries or workloads and be accountable for the overall go to market plan, including the revenue forecasts, adoption goals, packaging, pricing/licensing, and partner/ecosystem strategies.
• Build core content and compelling assets to articulate buyer value, industry use cases, competitive differentiation and benchmarking (customer case studies, videos, whitepapers, sales plays, presentations, how to guides, comparison tools, and more).
• Deliver enablement assets and training materials for sales and partners (sales plays, first call decks, battle cards, videos, playbooks, white papers, and more).
• Support marketing in building core content and website/promotional materials.
• Monitor the results of product launches, evangelism activities and marketing campaigns to reach target audiences effectively.
• Work effectively across AWS with groups such as sales, business development, solutions architects, services, and evangelists to achieve business goals.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• A Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business or relevant field of study
• 10+ years of relevant work experience as a Product Manager for B2B solutions, plus at least 3 years in related fields such as product marketing, technical marketing, technical pre-sales, consulting, training
• A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of management responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services
• Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
• Superior written and verbal communication skills who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives
• MBA and/or computer science, engineering, technology background is preferred
• Knowledge of AWS or other Cloud Service Provider offerings
• The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
• Experience with building enterprise software or cloud products and product integrations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.