In the Alexa Shopping team we are building experiences to allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their smart devices such as Amazon Echo, Fire TV, and Echo Show. Our services allow you to shop, anywhere, easily without interrupting what you're doing to go from "I want" to "It's on the way" in a matter of seconds.
We are seeking a Principal Product Manager Tech to lead Amazon's Alexa Shopping experience. This leader defines and drives the product strategy while balancing competing launch priorities and building scalable and reusable architecture. You are well rounded and have shipped ML based products with proven business value before. At the same time you are passionate to work with different businesses and solve their specific challenges while putting customer trust first. As a part of this job, you will own the product portfolio and focus on exciting and challenging problems, like:
• Create a vision for voice-first interface for purchasing products. You will be responsible for making the shopping experience feel unique and personal by enabling additional intelligence and controls, define the sequencing and execution of work and manage very senior stakeholders.
• Work with engineering, research, UX, and finance to deliver business specific value across a diverse set of businesses.
• Build scalable architecture allowing other teams to enable conversation features while maintaining overall conversation quality.
• Define a set of KPIs to measure customer satisfaction and business impact and be able to analyze them and utilize them in decision making processes.
• Exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence.
• Lead the organization through change, evolution, and growth. The right leader will evolve and scale the organization along with the business.
• Dual education background - business and tech.
• 8+ years of product management, product development, or business consulting.
• Proven track record of shipping ML based products with proven business value.
• A history of translating customer insight into recommendations that customers love to act on.
• Entrepreneurial instincts with a clear bias for informed action and a track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data (including SQL) and metrics to back up assumptions evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom.
• Success when working across a range of teams, including Engineering, Research, UX, Legal, Finance, and Marketing.
• Knowledgeable in technology development best practices (such as Agile), and product management methodology.
• Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders and experience presenting to very senior executives
• Experience building voice forward products