Sr. Manager, Product Management.
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. We've invested more than $2 billion in technology and content to date to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in distributed systems, operations, data mining, optimization, scalability, security and algorithms.
We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers. We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by solving complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
Job description: In this role, you'll be the product leader for Embark, a new employee facing portal to accelerate onboarding new hires. The vision is for the portal to deliver a consistent, high quality and personalized onboarding experience for Amazon employees worldwide. There is the potential to expand the portal beyond onboarding and into the overall employee lifecycle as well. The portal will automate time-intensive manual tasks for managers such as pre-populating Pick and Click launch plans for a new hire based on job code and team or calendaring out training activities in their first 12 months. Embark will also be a connection point for new hires before they start and once they are on board through social tools and onboarding buddy programs. We have just started with the Embark portal, and seek a seasoned product manager with a passion for the Amazon employee experience to expand the portal and take it global. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and skilled in working in a global matrixed environment. Key stakeholders include the HR team, managers, a variety of HR tech teams and the tech team developing the portal.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Be data-driven, with high judgment. Embark is a new product – this means there is a lot of room for experimentation and adaptation, but in these early days we lack all the data a more established product would have. We're looking for someone who is data-driven and analytical in their approach, and yet also able to use sound judgement to make smart decisions in the absence of data.
Be scrappy: The Embark team operates like a start-up – we're moving fast and learning and adapting along the way. We're looking for people who are willing to dive in and solve a variety of problems and own the solution end-to-end.
- Own the vision, strategy and roadmap for the Embark Portal for onboarding and develop the strategy to expand it into the full employee lifecycle
- Create buy-in for the product/feature/service vision and strategy both internally and with key partners
- Define product and service features and business requirements to deliver on the strategy and vision
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, site performance and operational support load
- Drive internal product launches including working with global teams
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic and technical goals
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the manager and employee feedback to continue to improve the Embark portal experience
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment, including rapid growth
- Leading and developing a small team of program managers
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
- The ability to translate a passion for the employee experience into tangible improvements
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management
- 5+ years of experience working with cross functional teams, including tech teams, to design, develop and implement new systems or solutions
- Knowledge of Program Management principles
- Demonstrated experience in working with Agile / Scrum / Kanban methodologies.
- MBA preferred
- Experience managing program and product managers
- Experience managing customer facing products, preferably in e-commerce
- Proven experience shipping new products
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in customers insights and various testing methods
- Strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics (SQL, Excel, etc.) to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment
- History of teamwork and willingness to do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Passion for the employee experience at Amazon
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top