Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where shoppers can discover and purchase an endless variety of products. The Amazon Home Improvement team is specifically obsessed with providing the world's best shopping experience for DIY customers and professional contractors. This includes offering a wide assortment of Home Improvement merchandise, building tailored shopping experiences for these products, and shipping even the hardest-to-fulfill items quickly and conveniently.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader to join our exciting and fast-paced team responsible for Amazon's Contractor & Construction Vertical. This is a highly visible role that requires partnering cross-functionally and cross-organizationally to align priorities and drive execution. This leader will influence at the executive level to expand selection; build a world-class product discovery and purchase experience; improve fulfillment capabilities; and generally help to define, shape and execute long-term strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in highly ambiguous contexts; leading strategic planning processes; partnering with technical teams to build innovative solutions; and solving difficult operational problems. Further, the successful candidate will combine superior communication skills with the analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and possess a strong will to get stuff done.
• Drive the strategy and vision for a large business vertical, developing short, medium and long-term program capabilities.
• Champion and gain buy-in for the strategy and roadmap through collaboration and negotiation that effectively influences peers and executive leadership.
• Own the program roadmap, driving prioritization and trade-off decisions within and beyond the team.
• Collaborate with Business, Operations, Tech and WW stakeholders to develop, test and launch program features.
• Represent the program with executive leadership and other stakeholders, executing a communication strategy, highlighting program successes, failures, lessons learned, and risk/mitigation plans.
• Lead the development of customer/user requirements to inform product specifications.
• Set goals that align cross-organizational inputs and measure progress towards the program objective.
A successful candidate will have:
• Experience designing and delivering large-scale, customer-facing business/technology solutions.
• Superior written and verbal communications skills and a track record of influencing executive-level stakeholders.
• Excellent cross-functional and cross-organizational leadership skills.
• Proven ability to drive and balance competing priorities with urgency in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Experience managing customer-facing products/programs in e-commerce, retail, or other digital contexts.
• Experience managing business models, customer and market segmentation, marketing plans, and go-to-market strategies for digital products and services.
• Bachelor's degree in an analytically rigorous field.
• 10+ years of experience in tech, retail, management consulting, investment banking, or similarly analytical field.
• An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to engage and influence senior executives by presenting compelling business cases.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Superior business judgment and analytical ability.
• MBA from a top-tier institution.
• Domain expertise in e-commerce and/or the contractor and construction industries.
• Experience working with operations and engineering stakeholders.