Sr. Manager, Product, Alexa Entertainment
Want to transform the way people enjoy video, music & books? Come join the team that made Fire TV, Dish live TV, Prime Music, Spotify, and more available to Alexa customers.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
This role reports to the single-threaded leader for Video in the Alexa Entertainment group and will own product management for how customers use voice to interact with video experiences.
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Lead a team of passionate Product managers to deliver on said roadmap and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 10+ years of professional experience with 5+ years of consumer facing software product management experience
- 2+ years' experience working on Android, iOS, Windows or other mobile software/applications
- 2+ years' experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Preferred Qualifications
- MBA or Master's degree
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
- Experience delivering solutions enabling customers to discover, install, and manage mobile apps and/or services.
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top