Sr. Manager, Prod Mngmt Tech
Sr. Manager, Product Management Tech
Amazon Business (AB) is growing at a tremendous rate, providing value
to business customers worldwide through business-centric selection, pricing, delivery, and procurement services. In AB Customer Acquisition & Growth (CAG) we are building new ways to introduce and expand AB offerings to our customers. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who wants to impact – on a large scale – the way businesses exchange goods and services globally.
Amazon Business is seeking an experienced, results-oriented, and inventive Senior Manager, Product Management – Tech to drive the development of technical solutions and support AB Sales & Marketing strategies in accelerating business customer acquisition and growth. This role will own product and technical teams who will design, oversee, and implement globally scalable Customer Acquisition & Growth (CAG) features that identify prospective customers, build customer profiles, consolidate master customer data, and forecast buying behaviors. This role will leverage the resulting customer intelligence and machine learning in personalizing customer communication channels, optimizing product & services discovery, and providing insights and recommendations to both customers and AB Sales & Marketing.
As Senior Manager, Product Management – Tech (PM-T), you will assume product ownership over one or more of our technical products. These products may include a customer intelligence platform for master data, machine learning for customer acquisition and spend propensities, and virtual recommendation engines to guide customer and Sales & Marketing behaviors. The Sr. Manager PM-T will be expected to lead teams in diving deep into technology from both a product and customer perspective. Customers may include sole proprietors up to enterprise procurement departments and C-level executives from the world's best companies. To succeed, the Senior Manager, PM-T needs have superior judgement, strong problem-solving and communication skills, ability to influence people, technical and business acumen, experience in B2B, and a passion for Customers and technology.
- 10+ years of experience managing full life-cycle technical projects or programs of an increasingly large and complex scale in a related industry.
- Master's Degree (MBA preferred) in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline required, or work equivalent of successfully managing and shipping highly technical products.
- Proven track record of managing multiple teams of high performing product and technical staff in the design and execution of large scale technical solutions.
- Experience in communications with senior or strategic partners up to SVP level.
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional attention to detail and program management skills. Exception judgement and instincts.
- A solid grasp of the business side of technology with an understanding and zeal for metrics and analysis to deliver on business objectives.
- Experience in B2B e-commerce, working with Sales & Marketing and related systems (CRM, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to be highly innovative in a related area: online shopping, product classification or search, etc.
Experience managing software development efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large-scale web applications
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top