Sr. Manager – Privacy & Customer Trust covering Alexa services
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you obsessed about privacy? Do you ever wonder how customer data is handled between devices and services and want to keep it safe? Can anonymized data identify an individual? If you are customer obsessed and love privacy, we have a job for you! Amazon's Digital Security team is growing and looking for a strong leader. You will be tasked in developing and taking the team to the next level responsible for privacy and customer trust covering all Amazon consumer devices (Echo, Kindle, Fire Tablet, Dash, FireTV, etc.) as well as key services that supports them such as Alexa, Whispersync, AppStore, Computer Vision, etc.
The Privacy team's goal is to enable business growth, drive innovation while safeguarding our customer's information. Your team will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products and services. You will lead initiatives across the entire device and key services organization. Your focus will be to help teams design their systems and customer experiences in a manner that upholds our high bar for customer trust. You will partner and work across disciplines including engineering, marketing, legal and business. Above all, you feel strongly about protecting customers.
You may already know if you are a fit, but perhaps you are worried about technology and experience requirements. Don't be – we are looking for smart, proven, technically adept individuals. If you are the right candidate, we are flexible.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience
- 10+ years of industry experience with hands-on privacy experience or in a related industry
- 10+ years managing and building teams (including coaching and mentoring)
- 10+ years of experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- 10+ years of hands-on exposure on devices and services (understanding how to properly handle customer data and reducing exposure)
- MBA or Master's degree
- A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results. When the resources are not immediately at-hand, you enjoy reaching out to a wide array of functional groups across an organization to get the information you need.
- Experience working with issues related to customer privacy and information security
- Experience managing cross functional technology, product management, QA and testing teams to deliver complex products
- Experience developing, implementing, and enforcing policies applicable to entire organizations
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and drive actions
- Previous work experience as a software developer
- Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top