Sr. Manager, P&D Engineering
Amazon is seeking an experienced candidate to identify, create, develop and integrate innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in our North American transportation network. Amazon North American transportation encompasses all of the operations that deliver shipments to and from our Sortation Centers and utilizing third party carriers.
The successful candidate will address opportunities that improve transportation costs, decrease delivery times, and increase customer demand. This involves building vendor relationships, identifying solutions in the marketplace and negotiating terms along with preparing the analysis summary of cost saving opportunities to determine the priority and feasibility of potential projects. The candidate will be able to design new transportation network delivery solutions, and develop innovative projects that drive improvements in our transportation processes, to include design, measurement, & performance.
This position will be responsible for managing of employees and directing work; addressing operational issues and future delivery concepts of the P&D Planning and Engineering team.
- MBA or graduate degree + 5 year experience or BA/BS in business, engineering, logistics or similar field plus ten (10) years experience
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and management of third-party vendors
- Experience with complex problem solving and analysis using statistical methods, financial modeling, and network optimization modeling
- Familiarity with the design and operation of complex operating processes
- Communication skills are clear, organized, concise with an ability to adapt to appropriate audience
- Independent & Entrepreneurial showing the ability to work with minimal direction
- Focused on delivering results for Amazon.com customers
- Proven project management ability that shows how to organize, find solutions and follow through to a successful conclusion.
- Experience with worldwide small package and/or truckload transportation industry; including knowledge of relevant carriers and high-volume small package operations
- Knowledge of Line-Haul, LTL, and Parcel rate structures is highly desirable
- Knowledge of import/export and hazmat regulations
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office.
- Data retrieval/mining skills using Data Warehouse Systems.
- Knowledge of ETL tools, Route Optimization, Neural Network design, Pattern Recognition and Heuristics is highly desirable.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top