Amazon is investing heavily in its payments business and technology. Did you know more than 50% of transactions are still happening in cash in India? Do you want to be part of cash to digital revolution Amazon is driving across India? Do you like to build innovative products and platforms to offer customers easy, secure, fast and awesome customer experience when it comes to making payments across retail and digital, desktop and mobile, on and off Amazon channels? Do you want to solve complex problems requiring building of scalable systems and platforms that handle millions of transactions driving Amazon's growth?
As a Sr. Manager you will be responsible for developing payments products that will enable customers to pay online in a fast, secure and convenient way. We are currently looking for an experienced manager responsible for the planning, hiring, execution and success of multiple spaces within payments India. You are innovative, resourceful, flexible and self-directed. You gain the respect of software engineers, software test engineers and product managers quickly and you're able to excite customers, internal stakeholders and your team about a vision, a product and a roadmap beyond V1. You also like to roll up your sleeves and get hands on when necessary. Our ideal candidate prioritizes well, communicates clearly and compellingly, understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team and has a demonstrable track record of success building teams and delivering new features or products.
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience, managing engineers and managers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• BS degree or higher in CS
• Have a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• Be a strong leader, mentor, recruiter and people manager
• Has 12+ years of experience in software development and 6+ years as a development manager
• Work effectively across functional teams
• Be customer focused and result oriented
• Experience in Payments domain
• Have experience building and running distributed systems for online services at scale
• Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Having implemented Agile in previous teams
• Experience in high availability systems design/development is highly desired.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices
Strong sense of ownership, drive and ability to deliver results