Sr. Manager Partner Solutions Architect - Energy Vertical
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical manager to coach, grow, and partner with skilled Solutions Architects focusing on our Energy Vertical Consulting partners. Working in collaboration with the sales and business development colleagues, you will drive growth across a broad set of customers and partners in this vertical.
In this role, you will lead a high performing team of Solutions Architects. You will have exceptional communication skills, stakeholder management skills, executive presence and ability to build relationships at all levels with our most trusted AWS partners.
You will need to be technically capable as well as effective in shaping the customer-facing and technical skills of your team. In addition to technical knowledge and leadership experience it is important to have a solid understanding of the Global industry. You will help team members ramp up on AWS and develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our Services Teams, Marketing, Business Development and the broader Solutions Architecture Organization, as well as representing your team to executive management.
• Build strong executive relationships with AWS's most trusted partners from C level executives through to technical leaders and influencers.
• In partnership with the sales and business development teams, formulate and execute a strategy to drive successful customer outcomes
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS Solutions Architect community, especially those in Energy (including Power & Utilities and Oil & Gas)
• Create and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
• Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
50% domestic and international travel is required.
Location: Strong preference for this position to be in Houston, TX area but can be virtual. Relocation offered from within the US to Houston only.
• 8+ years management of technical, customer facing resources.
• Experience collaborating with the sales team to drive customer satisfaction, exceed customer expectations, create and execute business plans to accelerate the adoption of AWS and exceed revenue goals.
• 7+ years of design/implementation/consulting experience of large-scale, enterprise applications.
• 3+ years of experience working with multi-national customers in support of technology sales.
• Technical degree required.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Experience presenting to executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results.
• Experience with technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises.
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
• Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments.
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS.
• Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems, and networking connectivity.
• Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks.
• Experience with large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top