Do you want to work hard, have fun and make history? If so, then Amazon could be the right career choice for you. Our logistics teams are changing the way we interact with customers around the globe every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical challenges facing not just Amazon, but the entire industry.
The Senior Manager for Operations Engineering has responsibility for leading a team of engineers to support process management both inside the facilities and on the road and also design future material handling, automation, and equipment solutions for Amazon Logistics. The ideal candidate must have a proven history of engineering leadership, responsibility for large projects, cost control/P&L responsibility, and driving innovation across a high-performing engineering organization.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an influencer and capable of working effectively with senior leaders across multiple organizations. You will also need to be a proven team leader, engineering leader, diligent project manager, communicator, influencer, and problem solver. You will manage large, complex initiatives, deal with ambiguity and advocate on behalf of the customer.
• Responsible for North America Operations Engineering Team that will drive automation roadmap
• Manage a high-performing team of Process Engineers; drive standardization in day-to-day, field-based pick-up, delivery operations and MHE automation solutions across Amazon
• Manage and improve facility and field engineering processes utilizing lean methodologies
• Manage large, complex engineering initiatives across North America
• Ensure customer satisfaction by following through with requests and ensuring needs are met as accurately and immediately as possible
• Design future material handling, automation and equipment solutions for Amazon Logistics
• Manage large projects for North America Ops Engineering, often with ambiguity; collaborate with Planning, Launch, Procurement, Finance, HR, external partners and product teams to ensure project completion (on time and within budget)
• Responsible for P&L
• Drive Innovations across the Engineering Org
• Approximately 25% regional travel depending on business needs
• Bachelor's in an Engineering field from an accredited university
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience managing a large team of high caliber Process Engineers
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience leading a team to drive standardization in day-to-day field-based pick-up, delivery operations design and automation solutions
• Experience leading, implementing and improving facility layout and design; working knowledge of design tools, such as AutoCAD
• MBA is preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.