Sr. Manager, Operations Engineering
- United States
Amazon created one of the most sophisticated supply chains in the world. From the introduction of Amazon Prime, to the use of advanced technology for package delivery, Amazon consistently drives change from the front of the pack.
Amazon is now searching for an innovative and solutions-oriented Sr. Manager, Operations Engineering to be a part of our global initiative of developing and delivering the next generation of world-class fulfillment systems. Successful candidates are natural self-starters who have prior engineering experience in the integrated automation project life cycle, including development, design, implementation, enhancement, and support.
As a Sr. Manager, Operations Engineering for Amazon Fulfillment, you will work with some of the most talented engineers in the design, development, and delivery of physical distribution systems around the globe. You will lead a team of engineers that executes complex cross-functional projects and programs that focus on the building of new, the alteration of existing, and the closing of end-of-life material handling and technology systems.
As a senior manager, you are responsible for establishing the right engineering team structure and overall execution strategy to meet long-term business needs. You have a strategic focus, and you partner with business leaders, technical managers, and senior engineers to deliver the long-term strategy of program growth and project execution.
You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative environment. Amazon's culture encourages innovation and expects engineers to take a high-level of ownership in solving complex problems.
Come help us make history!
• Own the design and development of engineering solutions for complex material handling challenges considering human/equipment interactions for the North America fulfillment network
• Lead and coordinate concept and design development efforts for optimal solutions for the North America fulfillment network through equipment specification, material flow, process design, ergonomics, associate experience, operational considerations and site layout
• Lead and manage a team of talented engineers handling multiple projects at a time
• Work closely with vendors, suppliers, and other teams to create innovative solutions
• Simultaneously manage multiple high-visibility projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors, and vendors
• Innovate with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems, including robotics and mechatronics, across many new fulfillment and logistics centers that are being built each year
• Provide technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects using MS Excel, AutoCAD, and MS Project
• Work with complex Material Handling Equipment (MHE), packaging lines, and process design based on Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques
• Drive engineering best practices (e.g., operational excellence, safety, security, quality, performance, etc.) and set standards for project execution and installation management
• Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance, and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment
• Build strong relationships with partner organizations within the company such as North America Start-up, North America Launch team, Worldwide Design team, North America Procurement, Information Technology, Loss Prevention, Facilities, Safety, Change Management and North America Operations
• Travel up to 50%
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Process Engineering or related STEM field
• 10+ years of experience in a similar field or related occupation of Design/Innovation, Research & Development, Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering
• 5+ years of experience managing and leading a team of 10+ engineers
• Experience with MHE and packaging lines or process design based on Lean Manufacturing techniques
• Experience using MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software
• MBA, Master's Degree, or other advanced degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Process Engineering, Operations, Business Administration or related field and at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty
• Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing
• Proficiency using AutoCAD 3D
• Proficiency using advanced simulation modeling tools (Flexsim, Arena, Simio, etc)
• Proficiency in running SQL queries and data mining
Role is Virtual from the United States
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
San Francisco, CA: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, CA: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Columbia, SC: This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
"The pay range for this position in Colorado is $128,000 -150,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered."
Back to top