Sr. Manager, Operational Risk and Business Continuity
- Bangalore, India
Nontech - RCO
The Registration & Compliance Operations (RCO) organization is responsible for making Amazon the safest and most trusted place on Earth by protecting the innocent and deterring the 'ill-intentioned'. Protecting the interests of the end users is our top priority, balancing being compliant and giving a great customer experience. Our team achieves this objective through a combination of automated and manual investigations of the seller transactions on our marketplace. RCO provides/delivers Seller Registrations & Compliance operational processes/services (24x7) to Amazon external Customers as well as different internal Amazon stakeholders.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager to lead our Operational Risk & Business Continuity program to cover all our RCO Operations centers worldwide. This role will be responsible for the definition of our program strategy as well as the definition and implementation and execution of this program, the governance, reporting and mitigation of the RCO Operational Risk framework globally. The scope of this role will also include Business Continuity (BC), Business Security and Employee Health/Safety. The leader will work very closely with other upstream and downstream amazon functions Amazon teams worldwide during design, execution and governance of Operational Risk and thresholds
The successful candidate will:
• Define, implement, manage, execute, and update Operating Risk & Business Continuity strategy & program goals, inclusive of the development and reporting against metrics and key performance indicators, meant to assess program health and continuous program improvement.
• Identify Key Operational Risk areas , ascertain risk thresholds , review processes for its adequacy , engage with stakeholders to drive risk mitigation, monitor Key Risk Indicators and periodically report out risk performance for multiple functions within RCO Work with a wide range of cross-functional teams to conduct business impact assessments, identify critical services, define recovery objectives, and map critical dependencies.
• Work with a wide range of cross-functional teams to conduct business impact assessments, identify critical services, define recovery objectives, and map critical dependencies.
• Work with cross-functional teams to develop strategies and proposals for mitigating business continuity risks.
• Facilitate business continuity exercises and tests, to identify potential gaps in plans, as well as functionality of work transference processes supporting recovery.
• Communicate regularly with leadership and ensuring consistent reporting of business continuity risks and compliance against identified controls.
• Assist in the response to significant disruptive events.
• Bachelor's Degree in business or related field.
• 13+ years' experience implementing and managing operational risk and business continuity management programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills both remotely and face to face.
• Proven evidence of success in designing, implementing, executing and governing Operational Risk & Business Continuity for larger international company.
• Proven experience of leading teams globally.
• Ability to travel domestic and internationally.
• Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII), Business Continuity Institute (BCI), or other business continuity professional certification
• Experience in managing the response to significant disruptive events.
• Familiarity with Disaster Recovery (Information Technology focus).
• Advanced degree in business related field.
• Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership, and delivering results in a leadership role.
• Track record of having earned the trust of leadership by challenging norms, upgrading team performance, enabling growth, and improving efficiency.
• Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people, and technology challenges in order to identify risks and opportunities.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the written and oral communication skills necessary to build relationships and positively influence decision making.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple complex projects.
• Demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity & across large, complex and global corporate network, partnering & delivering effectively with other teams globally.
Back to top