Sr. Manager, Modem Algorithm Design
- San Diego, CA
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
As a Sr. Manager of our Modem Algorithm Design team, you will be responsible for recruiting, training, leading and managing a team of algorithm development engineers. This team will be responsible for designing significant parts of the ground space communications links needed for the project to succeed. This is a unique opportunity to 'get in on the ground floor' on one of the most interesting and exciting projects of our generation.
In this role you will:
• Work within a team and take responsibility for high bandwidth wireless system architecture
• Drive trade-off analysis to benefit customer experience and optimization of resources (costs, power, spectrum)
• Work closely with implementation teams to evaluate and simulate expected system level performance and provide quick feedback on potential improvements
• Work closely with implementation teams to determine external technology suppliers
• Be a key person to represent the wireless systems capabilities to management, internal teams, and third party suppliers
• Manage the team responsible for defining and modeling Project Kuiper's high speed communication links between the ground and satellite constellation
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• PhD + 10 yrs of related experience OR Masters + 15 yrs of related experience
• 10+ years of experience in wired/ wireless systems design and / or RF design implementation
• Experience in wireless system architecture and design, system integration, RF system analysis
• Experience with current and upcoming RF standards in cellular (4G/5G), WiMAX, 802.11ad, microwave backhaul, DVB-S2 / DVB-C, OR similar broadband wireless standards
• Management experience of small teams with hands on wireless systems architecture work
• Ability to plan and deliver complex products
• 5+ years of experience managing an engineering team
• Ability to communicate clearly with upper management both verbally and in writing
• Deep hands-on understanding and experience in several modem designs that have made a significant impact in the marketplace
• This is not a 'pure management' role - the leader will need to have deep understanding of the technical details to guide the work, and occasionally will need to take-on some of the work
• Proven ability to recruit, train, motivate and manage outstanding engineering talent
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top