Sr. Manager Manufacturing Test Engineering
- North Reading, MA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences. We invent and deliver improvements every day. We will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics (AR) Operations organization is Amazon's manufacturing arm for industrial robotics. We manufacture high-quality robotics for design centers across Amazon. It's a fast-paced operation that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally. The Technical Operations team includes the engineering functions within Operations.
This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Technical Operations and we are seeking a talented and motivated leader with a proven track record of new product and process development, management, and execution.
You will be leading the team responsible for influencing design for test, developing manufacturing test strategies, and designing and deploying the test equipment. The Manufacturing Test Engineering (MTE) team is comprised of a multi-disciplinary group of engineers who deliver complete test solutions for electronic and electro-mechanical robotics components and systems; your team is responsible for ensuring the products we manufacture meet our customer needs. The successful candidate will be capable of making wide-ranging business judgements on behalf of the organization and willing to "roll up sleeves and do what needs to get done" to consistently deliver results.
Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
Lead a multi-disciplinary technical team responsible for:
• Developing manufacturing test strategy. From in-circuit test (ICT) to end of line assembly test (EOLT).
• Architecting, designing, and building test equipment (mechanical/electrical/software).
• Deploying and supporting manufacturing test internally and at contract manufacturers.
• Resolving complex manufacturing problems.
• Proposing design changes that will enhance product sustainability and testability.
• Evaluating and approving Engineering Changes Orders (ECOs).
• Reviewing production, supplier, and field failures for root cause and resolution.
• Mentoring engineers across multiple internal teams.
• Building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders in Supply Chain, Design Engineering, Quality, Deployment, and Robotics' leadership.
• Contributing to strategy, define department metrics and measures to ensure success.
• Managing departmental resources, budget, and personnel.
Up to 30% travel required.
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, computer science, or related engineering field.
• 7+ years of multi-disciplinary team leadership.
• 5+ years of experience transitioning hardware designs to volume manufacturing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Able to write clear and persuasive papers.
• Deep experience with industry standard tools for problem solving and risk management.
• Able to operate in a highly ambiguous environment.
• Advanced degree(s) in Engineering and/or Business.
• Proficiency with object-oriented language (Java/Python/etc) or Labview.
• 10+ years of experience transitioning hardware designs to volume manufacturing.
• Experience with delivering projects using Agile methodologies.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with cloud computing and other emerging technologies.
• Experience managing remote employees.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top