Sr. Manager, LOAA Program Integration
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people serving our employees. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of programs each year to our loyal customers. We work in a fast-paced environment across multiple industries, never losing our passion for customers.
This role is a unique blend of strategic and operational focus. First, this leader will manage the global project to integrate services in support of leave, disability and accommodation. During this process, this leader will establish partnership with key stakeholders across all Amazon businesses to define business support requirements in development of a business-differentiated service model. Working with the LOAA Program Development and Operational teams, this leader will ensure that the program we're developing is designed working backwards from what will delight our customers, as well as meeting compliance and efficiency imperatives.
Following the successful implementation of the new program, this leader will be the single-threaded owner of ongoing stakeholder relationships. This leader will establish a program to define and continuously refine differentiated services, metrics and delivery. S/he will meet regularly with each stakeholder group to evaluate program performance, identify opportunities for program improvement. S/he will take the lead on change management campaigns related to program service and/or policy changes, ensuring that these campaigns are customized to each stakeholder group. This leader will represent LOAA in working with a variety of affinity groups within Amazon, and seek opportunities to have a closer working relationship with constituent groups.
Within the LOAA group, this leader will collaborate with resources from multiple domains to ensure program needs are met, including Program Development, Quality & Self-inspection, Escalations and Operational Delivery. S/he will work with the Business Intelligence team to develop metrics, dashboards and reporting packages customized to the stakeholder groups.
The successful candidate is a leader with strong business acumen, preferably with deep project and/or program management experience. This individual will need strong communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to manage by influence. This position leads the team responsible for serving business and affinity stakeholders, and has the ability to pull together leaders from multiple LOAA domains to deliver truly integrated services.
This position requires strong self-management skills, the ability to translate business needs into service delivery, producing the right results for the company, the business segments and the employee. The manager possesses exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail and an ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, along with customer service focus that associates expect from Amazon, are also essential.
- Oversee the project to integrate service delivery organization over a 12-18 month period
- Conceptualize & work with the LOAA program development and operational teams to deploy practices differentiated by business segment (process excellence, business intelligence, programs & services) that have tangible long-term benefit to the company, stakeholders and employees.
- Create and maintain a highly productive relationship with business segment and affinity group stakeholders, including stakeholders within LOAA and more broadly within HR Services
- Build a high performance work culture & rewarding work environment leveraging diverse talent.
- Analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve outcomes, including the business segment and employee experiences.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- 10 years of experience in a project, program or program or business relationship manager role (or any combination of these areas)
- Ability to travel as appropriate (30-50%), including foreign travel; must have no legal/immigration barriers to traveling internationally within 90 days of hire
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal (including presentations) and in writing
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment, preferably with senior members of the business
- Detail orientation with ability to analyze, problem solve, organize and manage multiple priorities and excellent follow up skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
- An advanced degree or 10 years' equivalent experience in either Human Resources, Integrated Disability and Absence Management, Workers' Compensation and/or Risk Management
- Knowledge of federal and state disability laws regarding employees with disabilities, specifically ADA/ADAAA
- Knowledge of federal, state and local leave of absence regulations, specifically FMLA
- Proven expertise in business reengineering / transformation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top