Sr Manager, Live Technical Integration
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including 37 ATP matches, as well as the US Open and Premier League games exclusively from 2019. Beyond this, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide - and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
Prime Video is currently seeking a Sr Manager for Live Video Technical Integration team to work with external and internal technology partners to manage technical integration for live sport events and linear TV channels. This role will lead the team to focus on developing strong technical partnership with live broadcasters, cable networks, live media solution providers, AWS and Prime Video engineering teams. This team will design and improve the specifications and workflows for acquisition and ingestion of live video content, drive innovations in live broadcast at scale on Prime Video. This role also represents Prime Video to the wider digital video industry, contributing to working groups and helping to define future live broadcast standards.
The ideal candidate for this role will have in-depth knowledge of live video broadcast and related industry standards, and have a proven track record of working on scalable solutions for the ingestion and processing for live video.
• Experience working at a TV Network, Broadcaster, or an internet streaming platform specializing in live video transmission, processing and delivery technologies.
• Strong experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
• Graduate degree in a technical or engineering field preferred.
• Experience with OTT
• Previous representation with video standards groups such as SCTE, SMPTE, DASH-IF, etc. Experienced in negotiating standards requirements
• Expert experience and knowledge in developing cloud-based live video work flow
• Expert experience and knowledge in Live Ads insertion
• Expert experience and knowledge in UHD, HDR video production and streaming
• Experience with live PCR and MCR
Back to top