Sr Manager, Last Mile Technology
- London, United Kingdom
Amazon's delivery app is the system that collaborates with crowd-sourced and third-party delivery partners to complete deliveries for many of Amazon's programs. Our mobile application works in concert with our advanced logistics systems. These technologies allow delivery partners to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and be guided through their deliveries with in-app mapping, navigation, and much more. Our ability to engage with, support and provide a genuine experience to both customers and our delivery partners has become more critical as we continue to expand the number of delivery partners and target faster deliveries to our customers.
You will be expected to build and own multiple software engineering and services teams working on cutting edge technology. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of technology that will be used every day to deliver packages to the customers.
A successful candidate will have an established background in mobile app development (iOS/Android) and in building highly scalable and mission critical software services and APIs, with extensive technical knowledge of development techniques and latest practices. You are a leader of leaders with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, and a passion for managing engineering talent in a fast-paced environment. You have kept your coding skills sharp, and possess exceptional project management and communication skills. You will draw from your deep and broad technical expertise to hire and mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will manage and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects.
As a Sr. Software Development Manager, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in broad business planning, works closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire a talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative, new solutions rapidly.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative people who thrive on solving tough problems. You will be joining a select group of a people making history producing one of the most critical products at Amazon!
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• Computer Science fundamentals and technical architecture and design skills
• 5+ years of experience in native mobile app development (iOS/Android)
• 5+ years of experience driving new feature prioritization, development, and delivery
• 5+ years of experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• 3+ years of experience writing and business plans/justifications
• MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• Experience establishing and evolving engineering development processes
• Experience building Mobile apps (Android and/or iOS)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• A track record of effective communication with diverse executive team and non-technical leaders
• Must be a self-starter
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Experience operating large scale systems
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
• Established skill designing and developing durable software solutions to complex technical and business problems
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top