Sr. Manager IT Services Americas
Amazon Global IT Operations is seeking a senior leader to define and execute the strategies to deliver best in class IT support for Amazon employees in the America's. Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact IT transformation projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the challenges of scaling IT support in an organization that is growing exponentially across the globe? Do you have experience leading operations, technical strategy, and automation to deliver operational support at scale while continuously improving the employees experience when utilizing internal tools and technology? Do you want to own global programs across diverse global teams in support of every employee and business unit at Amazon at scale?
Amazon Corporate IT is hiring a senior leader responsible for, Infrastructure buildouts, integration programs and infrastructure standardization. We are looking for a leader to lead teams that work alongside our corporate teams and customers to accelerate setting up IT infrastructure, and integration that matches the pace of growth of Amazon.. At the onset of any new facility, teams focus on understanding customer business drivers as well as the existing IT Infrastructure. They use these inputs to design reliable and scalable infrastructure.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Engaging with right stakeholders to define and execute strategies for IT Infrastructure with a focus on the appropriate business objectives (e.g. agility, ROI, global expansion, digital transformation, high priority integrations).
- Defining and executing on the technology migration strategy by engaging highly technical teams within Amazon, · Assessing feasibility, identifying dependencies and common infrastructure platform components.
- Leading people to achieve both corporate and personal goals with a focus on growth, mentoring, coaching and retention.
- Engaging with customer development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures.
- Working with large scale networks, compute and storage architectures.
- Soliciting feedback from Enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of the IT Infrastructure buildouts.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field
- 10+ years of progressively responsible IT operations/IT support/Product Development Management experience.
- 10+ years leading high performing teams focus on peopke centered leadership.
- 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
- Breadth of experience across the Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas:; Infrastructure ; Networking; IT Security; Help Desk Operations
- Expert level technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles
- Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of people, customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
- Masters/MBA degree
- Understanding and experience managing large IT budgets, complex vendor relationships, and working with Enterprise finance teams to create ROI and cash flow analyses.
- Prior Leadership experience in leading IT operations teams, engineering or technical teams; agile or lean management techniques are most desirable
- Hands on experience with networking, storage, and database replication technologies
- Have an understanding of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and Enterprise IT management frameworks, identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
- Experience in designing, building, and operating global IT support.
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top