Sr. Manager IT Operations
Amazon IT Operations is seeking a senior leader to define and execute the strategies to build out IT infrastructure for Amazon Corporate Offices around the world including new integration programs driven from acquiring of new businesses? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact IT transformation projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the challenges of scaling IT infrastructure for an organization that is growing exponentially across the globe? Do you have experience leading technical strategy, standards and automation across diverse global teams in support of every employee and business unit at Amazon at scale?
Amazon Corporate IT is hiring a senior leader responsible for, Infrastructure buildouts, integration programs and infrastructure standardization. We are looking for a leader to lead teams that work alongside our corporate teams and customers to accelerate setting up IT infrastructure, and integration that matches the pace of growth of Amazon.. At the onset of any new facility, teams focus on understanding customer business drivers as well as the existing IT Infrastructure. They use these inputs to design reliable and scalable infrastructure.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Engaging with right stakeholders to define and execute strategies for IT Infrastructure with a focus on the appropriate business objectives (e.g. agility, ROI, global expansion, digital transformation, high priority integrations).
- Defining and executing on the technology migration strategy by engaging highly technical teams within Amazon, · Assessing feasibility, identifying dependencies and common infrastructure platform components.
- Leading people to achieve both corporate and personal goals with a focus on growth, mentoring, coaching and retention.
- Engaging with customer development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures.
- Working with large scale networks, compute and storage architectures.
- Soliciting feedback from Enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of the IT Infrastructure buildouts.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible IT/Product Development Management experience OR 10+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
- 10+ years leading high performing teams focus on peopke centered leadership.
- 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
- Breadth of experience across the Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas:; Infrastructure architecture; Database architecture; IP Networking; IT Security; Data Center Operations; Software design or development
- Breadth of expertise in real world use of cloud computing technologies and architectural best practices (experience with AWS platform is highly desirable).
- Track record of successful cloud migration project completion in a technical or project management leadership role.
- Expert level technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles
- Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
- A Bachelor's degree
- Masters/MBA degree
- Understanding and experience managing large IT budgets, complex vendor relationships, and working with Enterprise finance teams to create ROI and cash flow analyses.
- Experience in architecting complex use cases leveraging multi-vendor environment technologies.
- Prior Leadership experience in leading engineering or technical teams; agile or lean management techniques are most desirable
- Experience with cross-platform migrations (e.g. from Solaris/AIX to Linux/Intel) and different hypervisor technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, Xen)
- Hands on experience with networking, storage, and database replication technologies
- Have an understanding of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and Enterprise IT management frameworks, identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
- Experience in designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top