Amazon Web Services is a global organization at the forefront of the digital economy and offers a great opportunity for a dynamic and experienced person to ensure that the international tax team provides top class support to our global operations. The Senior Manager will be expected to provide international indirect tax support, focused on Latin America (LATAM) to the AWS business and will manage working with internal and external business partners.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast paced environment, this is the role for you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as indirect tax lead for the LATAM and South American regions, specific business lines and projects, by providing quality and timely guidance as required.
- Ensure Tax Requirement Documents are prepared timely, accurately and according to Amazon best practices.
- Ensure new projects launch with indirect tax compliance requirements and processes implemented, minimizing risk and exposure to penalties.
- Liaising with advisors and tax authorities on matters relating to the Amazon business.
- Analyze and support legislative changes in the indirect tax field that impact Amazon.
- Promote indirect tax awareness and knowledge including training, and liaising with business and tax partners on changes to systems, policies and processes.
- Ability to understand and communicate the tax complexities which certain country regulations place on Amazon Web Services and its customers and align all teams on requirements to mitigate issues while providing an exceptional customer experience.
• Degree in tax, law, accounting or finance
• 12+ years in an indirect tax role in a multinational and / or professional organization
- Strong international indirect tax ability, focused in Latin and South America.
- Law or Accounting Degree
- Team player with good leadership skills who is confident in communicating with others and is able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in managing and developing staff
- Experience in the technology industry
- Fluency in Spanish
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Solid organizational and project management skills