Sr. Manager, Hardware Development
- Seattle, WA
We are seeking a senior leader in Hardware Development for the Edge team to lead a group that is defining and executing server and rack designs across generations of compute and storage platforms for our cloud. You will own the strategy and oversee the development and management of the product roadmaps based on it.
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position for a highly experienced professional. You'll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You will partner with our AWS services owners (EC2, EBS, S3, etc.) to inform their architectures and product offerings, and drive adoption of innovative technologies. You will influence suppliers' roadmaps and partner with them to launch custom products.
You must have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you must be constantly looking for ways to improve your products' performance, quality, and cost. Attention to details, creativity, depth of industry knowledge, and a well-trained business sense are a must. We're continuously changing the industry we are in. We want a leader who is ready for this challenge, and wants to reach beyond what is possible today.
The successful candidate must have experience building and leading Hardware Development team(s) in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be highly technical, analytical, effective in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities.
• Drive the vision and execution of the Edge hardware product roadmap
• Digest technical trends, how they impact the business, and develop roadmaps that enables the latest technology needed for our cloud
• Prioritize and plan the execution of the roadmap
• Resolve challenges - making trade-offs to balance between the business and the technical needs
• Hire and develop a team of world-class hardware developers, providing guidance and direction to achieve the product vision
• Make business decisions around build vs. buy, cost vs. cycle time, performance vs. cost, power vs. performance etc. to optimize our portfolio of products across our cloud
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Hands-on experience in designing, developing and operationally supporting high volume enterprise servers.
• 7+ years of experience leading multi-discipline hardware development teams.
• Hands-on experience with system-level analysis.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Master's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
• 10+ years of experience leading multi-discipline hardware development teams.
• Technical experience in compute and/or storage systems design, deployment and production operations.
• Experience in working with CM/OEM/ODM vendors for design development and manufacturing.
• Knowledge of data-center infrastructure constraints including networking, power, space, and cooling.
• Proven success using written communications to influence product strategy.
• Demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top