Sr. Manager Global Content & Product
Amazon's Homepage team designs, develops, and supports one of the world's most homepages. We do this worldwide and across devices (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .co.jp…), including mobile apps. We are looking for a world-class Sr. Manager to join our team. This person will own defining, testing and implementing the vision and roadmap for Homepage Content. They will play a critical role in connecting thousands of pieces of content with millions of customers on a daily basis. This role will work with marketing teams from across Amazon as well as the Homepage's own development and machine learning teams. The right candidate will be equally comfortable in developing net-new, innovative approaches as they are with implementing textbook solutions. While we absolutely value experience, we also value someone who is not afraid to challenge existing paradigms in order to test new ones.
As the Sr. Manager for Amazon's Homepage Content team, you will take a senior role in defining our content and content tooling roadmaps, as well as developing and applying our analytics & reporting platform to drive company-wide decisions. Additionally, you'll work with our outstanding development and design teams to invent and test new homepage content approaches, including the development of new features across platforms. Given the mission of Amazon homepage team and its global scope, this role has a clear impact on Amazon's customer experience and our overall performance.
This requires top-notch communication skills, strong insight, and becoming the expert on Amazon's homepage content, products, and elements. Additionally, as a Sr. Manager, you should excel in always pushing for the right information, understanding the implications, and finding a path forward in places where others would stop. Our environment is very fast paced, and we require leaders who are: flexible, aren't afraid of ambiguity, can explain complex strategies in straightforward terms, exhibit strong business, design, and technical acumen, and have the ability to respectfully challenge decisions even when doing so may be uncomfortable or exhausting.
- 5+ years management / content / product management experience.
- Proven track record of identifying customer needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a strong bias for action.
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements.
- Proven ability to make smart trade-offs on time-to-market versus features and to respond to dynamic markets.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold strategic vision
- Excellent business judgment and strategic aptitude; the ability to generate ideas and solve problems independently, in a manner consistent with the product vision, Amazon's core principles, and Amazon's position in the market segments
- Bachelor's degree.
- MBA preferred
- Experience with digital technologies, consumer products, media, and e-commerce
- Experience defining and designing customer-facing components of e-commerce sites.
- Working knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Familiar with Web Server technologies
- Outstanding written, presentation and communication skills, evangelism experience a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top