Sr Manager FinOps BP
- London, United Kingdom
Our Finance Operations (FinOps) team is expanding! The FinOps function supports every business line, in every geography across Amazon. By paying our Vendors and Suppliers (Procure to Pay), collecting Customer cash (Order to Cash) and paying our employees (Payroll) accurately, on time and with the best customer experience, FinOps plays a vital role as Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As Amazon continues to grow so does the demand for our FinOps services. We are recruiting for several senior positions across the team to continue to drive this expansion in ambiguous and novel situations. Leading complex programs of work, you will deliver the technical capabilities that enable Amazon to expand both its services and its reach.
Working with leaders around the world, you will deliver a high quality customer experience through developing and leading strategic, cross-functional programs. These will be aimed at delivering ongoing operational efficiency and free-cash-flow improvements through automation, upstream defect reduction and end-to-end process improvement. You will work backwards from your customer, and problem solve on their behalf. You will dive deep into their requirements, and deliver these programs through our people, processes and technology.
This role supports several established and emerging business-to-business (B2B) channels, including Advertising, Devices, Transportation, Amazon Business and Corporate Gift Cards across Europe and globally. In this role your responsibilities will include:
• Developing and delivering strategic, cross-functional programs aimed at ensuring invoicing and reporting compliance with tax and regulatory requirements for our B2B goods and services channels in a complex, continuously evolving environment
• Providing strategic advice and support for new business launches and geo expansions to deliver compliant, scalable end-to-end processes and reporting with the highest standards
• Negotiating priorities across business and technology teams, prioritising financial controllership and customer experience, to deliver high-quality solutions that prevent and eliminate defects and enable long-term business growth
• Communicating program, policy and compliance updates to senior leaders and employees across multiple finance and business teams
• Identifying and quantifying financial and operational risks and opportunities to FinOps and across the company, driving ad-hoc projects as required
• Fluency in English
• Qualified Accountant (CPA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent) with demonstrable significant finance experience
• Experience of leading compliance and regulatory requirements in large, publicly listed organisations
• Experience of leading transformational financial systems improvement initiatives in large organisations
• Experience in process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, with profound knowledge of how best-practice tools and processes work
• Project management experience, working with technology and product managers to drive technology roadmaps
• Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision making skills to evaluate complex processes and financial scenarios
• Ability to solve complex problems within and outside your direct scope of responsibility and dive deep on any finance topic
• Ability to drive cross-functional teams to implement scalable solutions, delivering multiple projects to agreed deadlines
• Ability to communicate both in writing and orally in a manner necessary to build relationships and positively influence data-driven senior leadership decision making
• SQL and Advanced Excel Skills
• Experience with Oracle Financia
Back to top