Sr. Manager Finance Consumer and Digital Technology
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is looking for a Senior Manager to lead a team of Senior Finance Analysts, BIEs, and Data Scientists for the Consumer Tech Finance organization. This is an exciting opportunity to support infrastructure investments that touch every aspect of the WW Consumer & Digital business. This role provides business partnership, finance leadership and controls by creating and executing a finance roadmap to ensure the realization of the strategic vision of the WW Consumer technology organization.
The Senior Finance Manager is responsible for owning, innovating, and enhancing key mechanisms including infrastructure spending efficiency, capacity management, forecasting, and reporting. This role is also responsible for defining and driving improvements to the infrastructure financial controllership vision and roadmap. Additionally, this role partners with technology leaders to deliver improved efficiency and accuracy through automation and process improvements.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experiences in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision‑making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with strong modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical, stay closely connect to details, seek actionable insights, and work quickly to validate or disconfirm beliefs.
• Develop strategic relationships with your business partners - you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs in their operations.
• Identify and develop key business opportunities and drive efficiency while balancing commitments.
• Manage and develop exceptional talent of financial analysts and data science professionals.
• Collecting, analyzing, and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful analysis to lead business improvement and cost efficiency initiatives.
• Partner with teams across the Consumer tech organization to drive decisions to maximize Amazon's long-term free cash flow.
• Identify, develop and execute the plan to improve controllership and productivity for Consumer compute infrastructure management and spend.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, or Computer Science) or equivalent.
• 10+ years of relevant finance experience or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years of directly supervising teams and developing people.
• Experience with at least one relational database technology such as Redshift, Oracle, MySQL or MS SQL.
• MBA or other relevant Master's degree
• Strong analytic and financial modeling skill and advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Comfortable analyzing large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior leadership.
• Comfortable diving deep into data and processes to make recommendations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with AWS technologies.
• Experience in Machine learning and/or predictive analytics.
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
• Highly motivated, resilient, thoughtful, proactive and intellectually curious.
Back to top