Sr. Manager - FC Build Out Standards
Amazon is seeking an experienced and detail oriented leader to support the development of a Standards and Change Management team for NA Operations Engineering team. The team supports build outs and existing operations in the Amazon NA fulfillment network by defining and obtaining approval for standard bills of materials, processes, and layout components. Once established, the team is then responsible for managing change review and implementation via requests and lessons learned from the field.
Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who have prior experience in fulfillment center build outs, working effectively with internal teams and working with procurement group and vendors. This person will provide leadership and best practices to project managers, engineers and project stake holders by making effective data driven decisions, establishing processes and disseminating information necessary to complete projects frugally and successfully.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Operations Engineering and will have the directive and authority to determine the specifications of all capital and expense items purchased. Successful candidate would lead a team and will have flexibility, ability to push back on business owners where appropriate. This person must be able to manage constantly shifting priorities to be successful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team of Program Manager that work closely with various internal groups like HR, IT, Safety etc. to scrub through the existing standards by building type and determine the most cost effective capital and capacity solutions.
- Identify cost saving opportunities in the existing standards and work with procurement to release RFQ's or to set up reverse auctions
- Implement systems and maintain consistent processes to define standard modules and bills of material for each building type
- Assist in the Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) creation and capital management process
- Streamline processes to manage changes or additions to the established standards and maintain ownership of decisions driving by the team and resolution of escalated items
- Provide leadership and direction to a team responsible for establishing project management best practices and change management controls.
- Oversee the creation and management of a central repository for PM tools, templates, SOPs, standards, relevant historic data and other shared documentation.
- Provide direction the team to further identify opportunities to standardize and simplify resources and processes.
- Coordinate information between various teams in the organization
- Assist the start-up team in managing the budget.
Position is responsible to interface with all organizations within the company. Works closely with Procurement, Finance, Risk, Engineering, Start-up, Information Technology, Loss Prevention, Facilities, Safety, AR, and Operations
- Bachelor's degree is required in engineering or technical field
. At least 5 years of experience in fulfillment center build outs, working effectively with internal teams and working with procurement group and vendors
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Superior communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational capacity needs
- Ability to present and effectively communicate with senior leadership
- Project Management with proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office especially Excel and Access
- MBA or Master's Degree is preferred
- Experience in procurement is preferred
- Experience in implementing asset management in Oracle is preferred
- Operations Management/ Fulfillment/Distribution Center experience preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top