Sr. Manager, EU Systems Engineering
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon Technology Engineering Services is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineering Manager to drive the strategic expansion of Technology Engineering Services (TES) across Europe. This team focuses on alpha, beta and production integration and execution of critical automation, robotic, software and prototype processes and solutions which serves Amazon Fulfillment Network sites around the world. The role will lead a team of Systems Development Engineers/Managers, Software Development Engineers/Managers (electrical and mechanical), Hardware Development Engineers/Managers, and Technical Program Managers delivering a global service of engineering solutions for highly available and highly scalable production use. The role will work closely with peer leaders within Advanced Technology, Technology Engineering Services, Amazon Robotics, Reliability Maintenance and Engineering, and Technology Deployment to make any solution deployment ready and to ensure lessons learned are shared with product teams. This may require development, creation or adaptation of existing tools and processes or the creation of new tools and processes to solve. The role will create products that solve for scaled deployments and operationally impacting issues through frugal solutions. As the Amazon Fulfillment Network has rapidly expanded, this senior role will lead strategic planning, continuous improvement, metrics and measures, development and reporting, along with tactical support oversight for all alpha and beta product integrations. In this role you will provide coaching, mentoring, inspiration, and leadership to a diverse team of managers, engineers, and technicians. You will travel to global sites to meet your customers, learn about the business first hand and develop relationships with General Managers and Amazon Operations leaders. These Operations leaders will be critical in understanding the problem at hand and potential solutions that exist that you can solve through product team partnership or through adaptation to available products.
• 7+ years experience managing technical teams
• 5+ years experience managing managers
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Ability to travel up to 50%.
• A Bachelor degree from an accredited university.
• Previous IT Infrastructure Operations, IT Service Operations, Business Operations experience, Control System Engineering, Building Design, Robotics Engineering, Hardware Development, Simulation, Reality Capture systems, and MHE Infrastructure experience.
• Demonstrated leadership in building a culture of Continuous Improvement for process and operation
• Motivates and Inspires others by creating a climate in which people are driven to do their best
• Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits • Demonstrates integrity and is widely trusted
• Availability to handle changing priorities, deal with ambiguity and use good judgment in stressful situations.
• Must be able to think big, develop innovative solutions, and dive into the deepest details.
• Demonstrated ability to build and lead a global team
• MBA or Master's Degree in a technical discipline
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top