Sr. Manager, EHS Global Labs
- Seattle, WA
Based in Sunnyvale, California the Global Labs EHS role will lead Amazon's Corporate, Labs EHS program. This role will include developing new and existing strategy, while enhancing EHS compliance and risk management processes worldwide. Driving understanding, engagement to provide EHS performance improvement, mentor and motivate associates with EHS management responsibility for the Global Lab portfolio, influence Business Units leadership, and further integrate EHS into daily operations.
The Global Labs EHS Leader will also play a key role in the development of regional capability to support Laboratory and Device teams around the world. Building partnerships with regional EHS teams as well Real Estate specialists will be essential. Developing saleable EHS solutions for specialist teams, ranging from corporate office space selection and laboratory construction phase, through to operational. The Global Labs EHS leaders will also support initiatives related to property risk management, product environmental and safety compliance and sustainability.
• Lead the Global LAB EHS team in order to effectively manage and further develop the Global Labs EHS program, in partnership with Central and Regional EHS and GREF teams. Ensuring full compliance with applicable laws, regulations and customer requirements.
• Assess and cost-effectively implement programs to manage Lab EHS-related risks, with the long-term objective to reduce risks and eliminate hazards, while supporting innovation.
• Enhance property risk management programs pertaining to Labs, product safety and environmental compliance, support injury and illness reduction programs for R&D/Lab operations.
• Develop processes and tools to engage and educate all levels of the LAB and Device employees on sensible EHS ownership and cultural improvement.
• Support and help develop an audit oversight process for all worldwide Corporate Labs.
• Support customer EHS audits in Labs, developing action plans to resolve findings, and implement countermeasures promptly and effectively.
• Serve as a key global contact for government agencies that have jurisdiction over Corporate Labs/R&D projects.
• Provide leadership on Lab-related EHS issues within the Corporate EHS Team, assist senior leaders in understanding business impacts of EHS issues, thereby enabling prudent allocation of resources and decision-making.
• Develop and implement EHS training programs that will engage all levels of LAB/Device teams on EHS responsibilities, compliance requirements and cultural progression within the Global Labs portfolio.
• Provide safety guidance for developing chemical processes, equipment, robotics and laboratory design.
• Develop and support the delivery of EHS training for all Lab/R&D operations in collaboration with Central and Regional teams.
• Remain up-to-date and conversant with relevant laws, regulations and other statutory requirements that affect EHS across the Global Lab portfolio.
Other aspects of the role:
• Must be able to view issues in a systematic manner and problem solve in a logical way
• Personally well-organized and have an appreciation of the need for details and accuracy
• An ability to work under your own initiative is important, as is the ability to prioritize multiple workloads and tasks, whilst still meeting set timelines
• An ability to be innovative and 'think outside of the box' to solve complex EHS Lab-related issues for the business.
• Persistent and able to work in a high intensity, ever changing working environment.
• Results oriented; thrives in a culture that values individual initiative, yet strongly supports teamwork and collaboration; comfortable working in and supporting an entrepreneurial environment
• 25% - 35% travel, worldwide.
• Bachelor's Degree in science, engineering, or related field
• Experience supporting Laboratory and Technology development, preferably a large-scale operation
• People management experience
• Master's Degree
• 6+ years of experience in managing EHS programs in a fast pace consumer electronic organization, at a regional/global level.
• A proven track record of driving the EHS agenda in a multi-site / global manufacturing organization, and possess the ability to engage the workforce at all levels in the journey to build a strong EHS culture for Lab/R&D spaces
• Experience managing radiation safety programs
• Experience managing electrical safety and laser safety programs in an R&D setting
• Operational or business management experience, with lean manufacturing tools and techniques
• Have a collaborative, team-oriented approach to EHS management across the enterprise
• EHS experience, including operational project leadership
• Experience with acquisitions, risk and liability management
• EHS-related licenses, certifications and/or membership in EHS professional associations
• Success in this role is highly-dependent on the ability to collaborate and develop great working relationships with the Corporate EHS Team, key stakeholders, internal business team leaders, manufacturing and R&D teams, and with government agency representatives. These include, but are not limited to:
• Operations leadership and site management
• Amazon leadership (including Amazon Devices)
• Regulatory agency representatives
• Associates throughout the business
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top