Sr. Manager, Driver Experience Strategy
- Flexible / Remote
At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we're constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space. We are doing this by building a world class last mile operation, significantly complimented by Amazon Flex.
Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors called delivery partners to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss delivering Amazon packages.
As the Sr. Manager of the Delivery Partner Experience Strategy team, you will manage team members who own creating and driving medium/long term initiatives to improve the safety of our DPs, improve their overall experience, and minimize legal risks of the Flex program. You will be obsessed with the delivery partner experience, ensuring that we are developing the right strategies to keep them happy and run our business. Your team will drive new program launches, developing unique strategies to meet both DP and Program needs. You will motivate great people to move fast toward your north star vision, while remaining nimble and showing great bias for action in a quickly evolving last mile delivery channel. You will work with our with tech teams across Amazon Flex and our partner stakeholder teams.
Some of the key job functions are:
• Develop a north star vision for Flex business over the medium- long term horizon, align with senior leadership, and drive the organization, and supporting teams, to achieve that vision.
• Define creative, high quality, simple project roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
Invent and Simplify
• Improve key system inputs to enable our business teams to go 'hands off the wheel'.
• Develop and analyze operation dashboards to identify areas of opportunities and address pre-defined as well as ad-hoc business questions.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the business' ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Optimize the balance between delivery quality, cost, and driver engagement
• Drive improvement in driver experience metrics and long term retention
• Support new product and program launches including working with other programs and product management team leaders that wish to leverage Flex as a last mile solution.
• Make difficult resource trade-offs and align leadership on inputs, outputs, and priorities.
• BA/BS required
• 10+ years developing and managing complex supply chain execution for one or many programs, including experience operating in highly cross-functional and fast-paced environments
• 5+ years experience hiring and developing high caliber teams; proven ability to recruit, manage, develop, and retain a high-performing team in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• Excel proficiency, SQL base knowledge, experience with very big data.
• Experience with Independent Contractor platforms ('gig' economy)
• MBA, Masters, or advanced degree
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to cater these communications to different audiences
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top