Sr. Manager - Developer Experience, Alexa Voice Service
The Alexa Voice Service (AVS) Cloud Services organization is seeking an entrepreneurial technology leader for the Developer Experience team. This group owns and operates the customer experience for third-party developers wishing to embed Alexa within their devices.
The team you'll be leading develops software that runs on the desktop web, and mobile web platforms, and is expanding quickly as our Alexa businesses scale. We have complex use-cases requiring constant invention and simplification. You will have the ability to hire and develop engineering managers, software engineers, and quality assurance engineers into tight-knit high performing team. You'll work directly with product management and user-experience designers in crafting customer-driven innovations while working to expand Alexa's user base.
You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills allowing you to influence and inform your team and many teams outside your immediate scope. You must be comfortable leading complex software design discussions with engineers while also having the wherewithal to present competently at the executive level.
Become a builder, an innovator, and game changer by joining the AVS team. Let's build something special, and have a ton of fun doing it!
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 10+ years of experience converting complex business requirements into simplified, scalable software solutions.
- At least 7+ years of experience managing software development teams, including managing the complete software development life cycle for large scale products and services, within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- At least 5+ years managing other managers within a multidisciplinary organization (software engineering, technical program management, quality assurance, and operations).
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
- Experience in releasing software across multiple software teams.
- Experience hiring and building new technical teams from scratch, including hiring, bootstrapping new development processes, establishing quality metrics and testing methodologies, and setting up automated deployments.
- Experience managing technical teams across multiple geographies.
- Have a hands-on knowledge of Java or C/C++, and mainstream cloud computing technologies.
- Deep architectural expertise in the design of large-scale, highly available, low latency, distributed systems and software.
- Experience with developing rich user interfaces and elegant user experiences.
- Experience with cloud based analytics platforms
- Experience with new client-side application technologies (e.g. ReactJS and React Native)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Master's/Doctorate degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
- Sharp analytical abilities and design skills are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong Operational Excellence skills are essential.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills, with the ability to drive operational excellence and best practices within a larger engineering community that is working on complex technical problems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer- Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top