Sr. Manager, AWS Enterprise Support
As an increasing number of large enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered technical leaders to help Amazon's largest and most strategically important customers navigate the operational challenges of cloud computing. You will work one-on-one with one of our top-tier customers, supporting the software development life-cycle for cloud services, operations management of active services, and business relationships with AWS.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind-share and broad use of Amazon Web Services with one of our largest customers. You must possess management and customer-facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available only in the cloud.
As Sr. Manager, Enterprise Support, you will lead a team of Technical Account Managers who are the primary operational point of contact for your customer, helping to plan, review, and oversee ongoing operations of business critical applications. You will leverage your broad experience to work closely with sales leadership to plan and ensure successful launch and operations of AWS's largest application workloads. You will lead operations reviews, both internally and with your customers, while constantly seeking ways to improve your customer's AWS experience. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within AWS to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Champion and advocate for Enterprise customers within Amazon Web Services (be their voice)
- Develop the team responsible for solving technical issues and working directly with AWS engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Help Enterprise customers define IT and business processes that work well with cloud deployments
- Engage with Director and C-Level executives to translate business needs into technical and operational plans
- Work with AWS executive leadership to influence the product roadmap
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning
- Analyze and present operational reviews to customer leadership
- Must have a track record of effectively managing technical teams of 8+ employees spread across multiple geographies
- Experience scaling an organization through rapid growth or expansion
- 5+ years of experience in direct customer engagement, with a focus on support to senior executives (Vice President and C-level)
- 10+ years of technical experience building/deploying/running/managing Fortune 500 scale applications and/or infrastructure
- Previous experience in technical account management, business relationship management or consulting
- Previous experience managing a budget or P&L
- An adaptable communication style that can fit diverse audiences (with varying technical backgrounds)
- Proficient in communicating complex ideas, either with the written word or in presentations
- Excellent analytical skills with a track record of achieving balance in innovative thinking with a strong customer and quality focus
- Estimated 25-35% domestic travel requirement
- A degree in an STEM field is a plus; an MBA is a big plus
- Experience with AWS service offerings
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top