Amazon Device team is looking for a Senior Applied Science Manager to lead the development of computer vision algorithm on the Edge. In this role, you will be the leader of our passionate, talented, and inventive scientists, to develop industry-leading Computer Vision (CV), and drive them successfully to production for the benefit of millions of Amazon Devices users.
You will be our leader in our Boston office, and provide thought leadership to scientists and engineers to help invent and implement computer vision and machine learning algorithms. This is a unique, high visibility opportunity for a leader who wants to have business impact, and dive deep into computer vision problems. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience productizing edge-based computer vision systems.
As a Senior Manager, Applied Science, you bring structure to ambiguous business problems and use science, logic, and practical experience to decompose them into straightforward, scalable solutions. You set the standard for scientific excellence and make decisions that affect the way we build and integrate algorithms. Your solutions are exemplary in terms of algorithm design, clarity, model structure, efficiency, and extensibility. You tackle intrinsically hard problems; you're interested in learning; and you acquire skills and expertise as needed.
The ideal candidate is a strong, creative and highly-motivated Scientist with hands-on experience in leading multiple research and engineering initiatives. You balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, tools, and methodologies.
• MS/PhD degree in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or related areas.
• Proven track record of shipping computer vision systems
• 7+ years of working experience on computer vision systems in industry
• 3+ years of managing experience of scientists
• 5+ years of experience with, at least, one programming language such as C++, Python, Java
• Strong business writing, verbal communication, and cross discipline collaboration skills
• Experience in working with edge-based computer vision algorithms
• Experience managing software development engineers
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience as a senior-level scientist