Sr. Manager, Advertising Sales
Amazon Media Group operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of performance advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
In this role you will have the opportunity to build and accelerate our National CPG business in leading the CPG SCALE account team, overseeing some of AMG's biggest advertising partners. Manage a focused, high performing, driven sales team through:
- Attracting, hiring and retaining top sales talent
- Elevate skill sets and develop bench strength in the organization
- Mentor and coach sales representatives across the regions
- Determine short and long-range sales revenue plans per property, vertical, account, territory, and Sales AE; annual revenue budgets; tactical action plans
- Create and implement sales programs and tools that increase performance by the sales staff
- Drive large, multi-year business relationships with top brands
- Drive the sales management process as well as play a hands-on role in driving sales, generating leads and opening doors for the sales organization.
Become Amazon's Industry Ambassador
- Utilize existing client and agency relationships to drive large, long-term deals with top entertainment advertisers
- Represent Amazon at key industry conferences, trade magazines and other speaking events
- Drive strategic meetings with senior executives to help set program direction and priorities
- Drive product innovation through thorough understanding and representation of customer and industry trends/needs to ensure Amazon continues to provide a powerful and differentiated value proposition
- Partner with product development to prioritize and build innovative new advertising products to provide a truly better and differentiated advertising business for our customers
- Ability to develop and execute sales strategies, tactics, plans, processes, systems and programs.
- Build high performance sales teams with a demonstrated ability to sell the value of a media property rather than just the program/price.
- Track record of closing large complex deals himself or herself but not taking them at the end stage from the rep or team.
- Adept at managing a field organization and ensuring excellent communications with headquarters stakeholders.
- Can thrive in past paced dynamic environments and have very strong communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree
- 12-15 years digital ad sales experience
- 7+ years managing high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to consistently close sales and generate revenues
- Strong track record of high level negotiation and successful internal and external relationship management
- Ability to interact with a broad set of businesses and presenting both over the phone and in person
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good follow-through
The ideal candidate is an advertising sales leader with a terrific reputation for hiring and developing the best talent and who has deep and broad relationships and has garnered the respect of the agencies and large client leaders. He or she will come with a deep knowledge of and relationships within the entertainment industry and have a track record of success at driving top sales results, partnering cross functionally, and professionally representing client needs/perspectives to the product organization.
- 7+ years in a Management function with Agency/Media Sales/Multi-category sales experience
- Exceptionally strong analytical thinker who likely hails from a leading publisher, consumer technology firm or sophisticated interactive advertising agency.
- Possess a talent for responding effectively to market direction, customer needs and competitive positioning.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top