Sr Manager, Advertiser Success
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon.com is building a portfolio of self-service and managed display advertising programs. Examples of products already in the market are Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands, Sponsored Display and Self-serve / Managed Display. Supporting these products, the Advertiser Success Team (AST) with presence in India, Slovakia, China and Japan will own Advertiser Success, Adoption, Market Strategy, and Account Performance across these advertising products. This team will have functional expertise in account management, market analysis and program management. Working with Account Managers, Account Executives and Advertisers we will also own strong feedback mechanisms to inform the product road-map working closely with product managers.
Job opportunity & Role:
Advertiser Success Team (AST) in Bangalore, India supports account management and marketing activities across all our geographies. We are looking for a seasoned advertiser leader to lead the team in implementation and efficiency. This is an opportunity for the leaders of a global program with the potential for explosive growth, standing at the interaction of e-commerce and advertising.
We are looking for an experienced Advertising leader that will help us to scale the remote account management and marketing program in India. This person will be responsible for setting up the programs, hiring the relevant talent, mentoring the team on advertising related initiatives and ensuring that the strategic goals set are met. To do this, the person needs to have a deep understanding of our advertising ecosystem, have account-management/sales/operational capabilities, as well as have the ability to drive inferences from data to identify opportunities. In addition to working closely with other client facing teams, this person will interact with product development, technical teams, business teams and clients. This leader will have to feel comfortable in an ambiguous environment of explosive growth, making fast paced decision using data and being able to both think at a high and detailed level.
Working with their teams, the leader should be able to:
• Create, build and deliver programs which eliminate barriers to advertiser success, drive ad campaign creation and advertiser success.
• Ensure that high potential advertisers reach their performance goals quickly and stay active and healthy.
• Work with technical account management, sales, development, and product teams to identify and solve issues blocking advertiser performance.
• Provide oversight and root cause analysis of issues affecting advertisers.
• Manage product or process improvement projects.
• Extend your expertise and best practices to the sales and service teams to positively impact all new advertisers to the platform
• Proven experience of Ad operations, online marketing and advertising. Experience in Sales will be an added advantage
• Creative, detail-oriented, analytical, and highly-motivated professional who should be a self-driver, be able to work independently and own up all programs and deliverables
• Creative and strategic vision to build value proposition for clients and Amazon
• Strong analytical skills as well as experience in applying those skills in the advertising domain
• Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets
• Master / Bachelor's degree; emphasis in Marketing, Advertising, or Business preferred
• Sound judgment and flexibility in balancing program requirements, tight deadlines, and keeping people and projects moving on schedule
• In particular, experience working in advertising products such as Google Adwords or Microsoft Bing
• Management experience of large teams
• MBA or other related Master's degree
• Retail e-commerce or advertising experience
• Ability to understand multiple retail business models and their technical implementation
• Ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment
• Ability to work with ambiguous problems and iterate to develop impactful solutions
• Problem-solving passion and service orientation
• Experience working closely with internal sales, retail, technical support, product management and software development groups
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Demonstrated experience in designing and improving processes
• Identify, design and champion innovative ways to provide the benefits of account management on a large scale. Constantly look for and incorporate process and product improvements
• Manage a portfolio of Advertisers using business analytics expertise to proactively identify and realize opportunities to increase revenue and performance. Develop these advertisers ongoing independent growth and success
Back to top