Sr. Manager, Accommodation
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people serving our employees. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. We work in a fast-paced environment across multiple industries, never losing our passion for customers.
This role is a unique blend of strategic and operational focus, with leadership of day-to-day operations Accommodation domain on the Leave of Absence and Accommodation (LOAA) team with HR Services organization. The leader of this organization will focus on strategic themes of continuous improvement, efficiency, automation and globalization of standard processes and practices which support the HR mission and goals. This senior leadership position has accountability for planning, transformation, and delivery of Accommodation Services across multiple business groups serving an employee base growing rapidly around the world.
The successful candidate is a leader with strong business acumen, preferably with experience running call center/customer service organizations. This individual will need subject matter knowledge, strong communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to manage by influence. The leader is responsible for coordinating with the delivery of leave of absence services, holding leave and accommodation activities to legal and company standards, including those set through company policy, local and regional regulations and Amazon best practices. This position leads the team responsible for assisting employees and candidates requesting consideration under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), including related state regulations. This role will also work deeply with our Fulfillment Centers (FC), Customer Service (CS) groups and corporate and subsidiary locations to coordinate and implement strategies that foster productive, timely, appropriate and value-added stay at work and return to work plans within the workplace.
This position requires strong self-management skills, the ability to translate business needs into service delivery, producing the right results for the company and the employee. The manager possesses exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail and an ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, along with customer service focus that associates expect from Amazon, are also essential.
- Oversee the operation of the Accommodation service delivery organization (in alignment with key stakeholders, strategic initiatives and business plans)
- Conceptualize & deploy industry best practices (process excellence, technology, products/services) that have tangible long-term benefit to the company and employees.
- Direct the most complex transformation projects (across all business units) that enable effective consolidation of service delivery and deployment of best practices for a consistent customer experience.
- Build a high performance work culture & rewarding work environment leveraging diverse talent.
- Coordinate with vendors for medical and clinical review.
- Analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve team performance, retention, and partner and employee experience.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in verbal and written communications.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- 10 years of experience leading an Accommodation (or related) practice for a large, multi-state employer
- Knowledge of federal and state disability laws regarding employees with disabilities, specifically ADA/ADAAA
- Knowledge of federal, state and local leave of absence regulations, specifically FMLA
- Ability to travel as appropriate (30-50%), including foreign travel; must have no legal/immigration barriers to traveling internationally within 60 days of hire
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment, preferably with senior members of the business
- Detail orientation with ability to analyze, problem solve, organize and manage multiple priorities and excellent follow up skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
- An advanced degree or 10 years' equivalent experience in either Integrated Disability and Absence Management, Workers' Compensation or Risk Management
- Experience working with hourly workforces of significant size and complexity, particularly union and non-union manufacturing, distribution and/or call centers
- Experience working with knowledge workers, particularly programmers and highly skilled technology workforces
- Experience with providing accommodation services from outside the U.S.
- Experience with accommodation and/or disability laws outside the U.S.
- Lean or Six-Sigma certification, or proven expertise in business reengineering / transformation using lean and six sigma methodologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of running shared service operations and global service management through captive, outsourced, and/or onshore/offshore delivery platforms.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top