Sr. Manager – Abuse Detection, Prevention & Remediation Team
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Our customers trust Amazon devices and their respective services, so it is imperative to provide a safe, reliable and high-quality experience. We need your expertise on abuse, fraud and risk assessment to take the existing capabilities to the next level. You will be working on all Amazon consumer devices (Echo, Kindle, Fire Tablet, Dash, FireTV, etc.) as well as key services that supports them such as Alexa, Whispersync, AppStore, Computer Vision, etc.
We are looking for a passionate and strong leader that will lead our detection, prevention and remediation team. The team will have to come up with novel approaches at identifying abuse, determining the impact to the customer or business and providing recommendations on how to proceed. They will be responsible for developing solutions to spot and deter ill-intended behavior to keep customers safe. Your team will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products and services. You will lead initiatives across the entire device and key services organization. Your focus will be to help teams design their systems and customer experiences in a manner that upholds our high bar for customer trust. You will partner and work across disciplines including engineering, marketing, legal and business. Above all, you feel strongly about protecting customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience
- 10+ years of industry experience with hands-on abuse, fraud or mitigation experience
- 10+ years of development experience on devices and/or services (understanding how to properly identify fraud and abuse)
- 10+ years managing and building teams (including coaching and mentoring)
- 10+ years of experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- MBA or Master's degree
- A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results. When the resources are not immediately at-hand, you enjoy reaching out to a wide array of functional groups across an organization to get the information you need.
- Experience working with issues related to abuse, fraud and information security
- Experience managing cross functional technology, product management, QA and testing teams to deliver complex products
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and drive actions
- Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top