Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. The Mainframe Modernization Practice collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. As trusted customer advocates, the Mainframe Modernization Practice helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, how to migrate and/or re-develop existing legacy workloads to the cloud. You will help shape, execute and deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large enterprise customers.
In this role as an experienced mainframe modernization cloud architect, you will assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated technical experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for an established leader with the ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. In the Mainframe Modernization Practice, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing consultants and experienced business leaders to craft and execute strategies that help our customers with large-scale mainframe modernization efforts onto AWS. We support both commercial and public sector customers (primarily government, education & non-profit organizations segments), providing a large variety of opportunities you can be involved in.
We are looking for hands on Architects who are passionate about:
• Thought Leadership with extensive knowledge in legacy modernization techniques related tools and approaches.
• Designing AWS architectures which meet or exceed the requirements of workloads coming from mainframe and legacy infrastructures.
• Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services.
• Architecting, developing and modernizing customer applications/systems to be cloud optimized
• Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
• Advising and implementing AWS best practices.
• Agile software development and DevOps.
• Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
AWS Professional Services consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 7+ years of hands-on technical experience with mainframe, non-x86 legacy systems and with technologies such as COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 for z/OS, Assembler, PL/I, Java, Rexx, flat/sequential files, GDGs, and VSAM.
• 7+ years of experience designing architectures for secure enterprise systems.
• 7+ years of experience designing and deploying software and middleware solutions used in Forbes global 2000 enterprises companies.
• 2+ years of experience in a technical lead role migrating workloads from mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems to distributed x86 infrastructures on-premises or in the Cloud;
• 2+ years of experience integrating mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems with distributed Linux-based or Windows-based x86 servers.
• Bachelor's degree, or 7+ years of work or military experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
• Active AWS Certifications
• Experience with tools and methodologies used to migrate mainframe workloads via hardware/middleware emulation, automated code conversion, and re-platforming.
• Experience with analyzing on-premises mainframe applications and data stores to formulate plans for modernizing workloads that achieve customer's desired business outcomes.
• Current hands-on implementation experience.
• Experience leading customers with mainframe and legacy modernization initiatives.
• Experience with mainframe emulators, code and data conversion tools.
• Experience with COBOL modernization and porting application code across platforms.
• Experience with proprietary legacy data store migration to relational databases.
• Experience with legacy systems data replication or messaging.
• Ability to evaluate and plan migrations to a cloud platform.
• Knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, RDS, VPC, Containers, Microservices, and Serverless technology.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.