Are you an IT Leader/Advisor who has experience with successful business-IT transformation initiatives? Have you helped companies build new capabilities and drive savings by migrating mission-critical applications off of the mainframe?
At Amazon Web Services, we're hiring enterprise IT Leaders to work with our Canadian Public Sector customers and their partners in rebuilding business-critical legacy applications to fully leverage the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. You will lead mainframe modernization and application refactoring engagements with our Public Sector Customers and Partners.
As a Consultant focusing on Mainframe Modernization, you will lead engagements from the proposal creation stage to project delivery planning. You will use your deep knowledge of the mainframe technologies and programming languages to analyze existing mainframe workloads and develop migration approaches, estimates, and action plans. To be successful in this role you must have prior experience with migrating and modernizing workloads from mainframe environments to UNIX/Linux systems or the Cloud. We are seeking outcome-driven and customer-obsessed experts who are passionate about:
• Engaging with C-level executives to define and execute these enterprise-level transformation programs.
• Creating compelling business cases for the transition to the cloud by identifying motivators and drivers that unlock business value for our customers.
• Developing migration project proposals with a clearly articulated plan of action, effort estimates and delivery timelines.
• Developing strategic relationships with AWS technology and systems integrator partners focusing on Mainframe Modernization.
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work
• 10+ years of experience designing architectures and solutions for mission-critical, large-scale transaction processing and batch applications on Mainframe systems.
• Knowledge of cloud migrations approaches and patterns.
• Knowledge of JCL and one or more programming languages such as COBOL, PL/I and Assembler.
• Experience with one target application modernization programming language (i.e. Java, Python).
• Knowledge of IBM middleware such as CICS, DB2, IMS DB, IMS DC , VSAM, and Adabas/Natural.
• BS level technical degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience in leading the assessment, discovery and planning phases of mainframe migration projects.
• Experience with mainframe data migration, and with integrating distributed systems applications with applications on the mainframe.
• Experience with one modern application framework (Spring, Angular, React, Vue).
• Experience with tools for mainframe code analysis, code re-hosting or emulation.
• Work experience with Public Sector Customers.
• Knowledge of cloud computing technologies.
• Written and Spoken Fluency in French
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position