Sr. Machine Learning Scientist
Are you interested in creating an impact in sustainability at a scale that few will ever experience? We're looking for an experienced, self-driven, analytical, and creative ML Scientist to drive state-of-the-art solutions for WW Packaging team. With over a billion unique products at Amazon, any advancement in sustainable packaging happens at a big data scale! If you are excited by the prospect of analyzing and modeling terabytes of data to solve real world problems, owning end-to-end business problems and directly impact the profitability of the company, then this role is for you.
This position requires the ability to think big and dive deep, and embody a unique mix of thought leadership and technical acumen. This candidate will possess excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders. In addition, this opportunity requires excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, technical environment. The ability to work independently and deal with an ambiguous environment is a must. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of driving projects and strategic initiatives to their completion. The ideal candidate is motivated, agile, with strong time management and project management skills, and is technical and analytical. The candidate will also have a passion for helping us to identify and promote sustainability issues and opportunities at Amazon.
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of Amazon's historical business data to help automate and optimize key processes
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
- Work closely with operations staff to optimize various business operations,
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical/quality control approaches
- Master's required in highly quantitative field (CS/ML, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, etc)
- 2+ years of industrial or research experience in predictive modeling, data science, and machine learning
- Exceptional interpersonal and technical communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong structured thinking and problem solving ability
- Solid understand of fundamental statistics
- Experience in using Python, R, SAS, Matlab, Spark, or other statistical/machine learning software
- Passion for sustainability
- PhD in highly quantitative field (CS/ML, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, etc)
- 5+ years of industrial or research experience in predictive modeling, data science, and machine learning
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Experience with AWS features (S3, Redshift) is a plus.
- Experience in mentoring team members, and guiding them on machine learning and data modeling application
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top