Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
- Perth, Australia
The Alexa AI team is seeking a talented, self-directed Software Development Engineer to help us pioneering new machine learning tools and processes through an iterative research and development cycle. You will build scalable, self-serve applications for use across the Alexa Machine Learning organization. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy as you work with a small team of subject matter experts and engineers to define features, system architecture, best practices. You will work with the other engineers on the team to execute our technical vision and create a world class product.
Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can dive into a project with limited guidance and is able to design and implement inventive, simple solutions to complex problems. He or she will be passionate about new technologies and have a track record of delivering valuable software features and products in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of key backend components and APIs
• Will work with business and technical stakeholders to determine end-to-end system design and overall technical strategy
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to regularly deliver high quality software that has a measurable customer value
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning.
• Experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python.
• The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with statistical modelling / machine learning
• Experience with design & implementation of SLU components for building Conversational Personal Assistants
• Strong attention to detail
• Exceptional level of organization
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Ability to think creatively and solve problems
• Fluency in a foreign language
• Demonstrated ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes using strong baselines
• Demonstrated ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
Back to top