Sr. Logistics Program Manager, Amazon Devices
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon Devices are some of the most innovative and fastest growing products at Amazon. If you are an experienced professional with a passion for driving change and impact at a Global scale, you may be a fit for the Amazon Device Global Logistics (DGL) is recruiting an experienced professional with a passion for driving change and impact at a Global scale Operations role. This position provides an exciting opportunity to manage Amazon device end to end fulfillment from manufactures into both Online and Retailer channels in Japan. This position will be based in Tokyo, Japan.
Amazon seeks a passionate, results-oriented, data and analytic person to join our Global Logistics Operations team. You will be responsible to optimize our complex and expanding global fulfillment network.
The position requires the ability to manage multiple tasks, consistently meet deadlines, be a creative problem solver, critical thinker, and display flexibility with the ability to succeed within a team environment, also strong cross functional communication skill with stakeholder in country and global team..
In this role, you will:
• Manage day-to-day supply chain operations for digital device inbound to country, Direct and Indirect retail channel in Japan
• Liaise daily with cross functional teams to effectively manage key team objectives - Candidate will work cross functionally across Manufacturing, Account Management, Fulfillment Operation, External Forwarder, Fulfillment Providers and Retailers to meet on-time performance demand for Online/Offline Retailer customers.
• You will remotely manage inbound Forwarders to secure capacity for ship movements and to ensure the on time delivery for all inbound shipments, and 3PL operations for daily fulfillment of Amazon Devices.
• Be a focal point for exception handling and escalation, and work with various stakeholders to arrive at the best possible resolution on issues for both short term and long term
• Work with operations to ensure predictable, accurate, and consistent delivery of product to the customer
• Define and manage execution of projects to optimize supply chain and operations processes - from inception through delivery - leveraging functional knowledge of supply chain architectures
• Collect data on existing processes, analyze it with statistical software to discover areas of defects or inefficiencies, and define project opportunities for improvements in the process area
• Optimize inbound and outbound inventory placement for global logistics lanes
• Engage with other teams to form technical and functional documentation for processes
• Identify opportunities to deliver step-changes in supply chain operations
• Conduct regular and qualitative business-case analyses to improve operation process
• Drive and support cost saving initiatives and opportunities within Devices supply chain
• Collect product and software requirements
• Work to continuously drive operating costs down
• Build solid relationships with peers across the organization and ensure smooth process flow and collaboration
• Lead complex analysis to drive key strategic decisions.
• Bachelor's degree or above in Business, Logistics or in related field.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in supply chain operations, logistics or manufacturing
• Experience working with international Forwarder, retail, consumer electronics, and/or operations/logistics companies
• Familiarity with supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, logistic
• Experience using Six Sigma or Lean practices to optimize supply chain or operations processes
• Experience managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Hands-on experience in set-up of new vendor/forwarder operation process
• Proficiency in both Japanese (business) and English (business)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to simplify complex topics and present to broad audiences
• Good analysis skills by using Microsoft Office Products and other software.
• Solid experience in Trouble shooting and process streamline.
• Results oriented and self-motivated with ability to work independently to lead operational and project teams.
• International and domestic travel is required.
• Experience in forwarding, warehouse operations and Logistics
• History of effectively managing external customers and successfully working with internal teams to build new capability and implement projects
• Accomplished range of skill from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed team leadership
• Superior verbal and written communications skills
• Proficiency at leveraging precious resources
Back to top