Sr. Logistics Program Manager
From Kindle to Fire tablets and Fire TV, to Amazon Echo, Amazon Devices are some of the most innovative and fastest growing lines at Amazon. If you are an experienced professional with a passion for driving change and impact at a global scale, you'll be a right fit for here at Amazon Device Global Logistics (DGL).
As a Sr. Logistics Program Manager on the team your primary focus is on managing Amazon Devices end to end fulfillment from manufacturing into both Online and Retailer channels in Europe. You will be responsible for optimizing our complex and expanding global fulfillment network.
This is a role for someone who can manage multiple tasks, consistently meet deadlines, is a creative problem solver and a critical thinker.
We value your strong cross-functional communication skills, your proactive, data-based approach to work and your resourcefulness.
Accelerate your growth as the next Project Manager on the Global Logistics Operations team in Luxembourg.
Summary of the core responsibilities:
• Define and manage execution of projects to optimize supply chain and operations processes - from inception through delivery - leveraging functional knowledge of supply chain architectures
• Collect data on existing processes, analyze it with statistical software to discover areas of defects or inefficiencies, escalations, and define project opportunities for improvements in the process area for both short term and long term objectives.
• Own quality of operations, drive continuous improvement projects, standardize SOPs that impact metrics such as CPU, Pallet per truck, Receive accuracy. In addition, Identify opportunities to deliver step-changes in supply chain operations.
• Work with the EU Operations lead and internal teams to design scalable solutions for day to day work, including comprehensive work intake management, prioritization, and stakeholder alignment. Also, contribute to writing technical specification documents.
• Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center) to help drive tools and process improvements for overall supply chain performance.
• Liaise daily with cross functional teams to effectively manage key team's operational objective by setting right governance mechanism.
• Drive and support cost saving initiatives and opportunities within Devices supply chain.
• Build solid relationships with peers and Logistics Service Providers across the organization and ensure smooth process flow and collaboration.
• Lead complex analysis to drive key strategic decisions.
• Foresee business risks and proactively identify risk mitigation mechanisms.
• Bachelor's degree or above in Business, Logistics or in related field.
• Proven track record experience in supply chain operations, logistics or manufacturing with an emphasis on driving process excellence, Kaizen etc.
• Experience working with international Forwarder, retail, consumer electronics, and/or operations/logistics companies
• Familiarity with supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, logistic
• Basic SQL and Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.Good analysis skills by using Microsoft Office Products and other software.
• MBA or advanced degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, operations research, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines.
• Proficient in writing complex SQL queries.
Lean Six Sigma skills.
• Experience managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to simplify complex topics and present to broad audiences
• Experience with Selenium/Python/VBA
Back to top