Sr Learning Experience Designer, Manager
- Nashville, TN
Leaders are aware.
Leaders are curious.
Amazon's Global Security Operations organization (GSO) is seeking a forward thinking instructional systems design expert and experienced program manager to elevate and enable our field operators globally. The program leader will excel at needs analysis, project management, and operationalizing learning programs for scale and sustainability across geographies. They will manage a team of Senior Learning Experience Designers.
The leader will transform our programs through technology, so we can easily scale to meet our learners' needs worldwide. They will champion the learners' voice to shape how they learn and develop their skills. To be successful in this role the program leader will need to excel at leading without authority, partnering with customers and stakeholders to align strategies and level-set on expectations, and operate with a high-level of autonomy to deliver solutions which are on time, on budget, and yield measurable results.
Experience building blended solutions including digital and distributed content is required. Proficiency with data gathering, analysis, and presentation of insights is critical. Additionally, this role requires continuous inspection of program effectiveness and identification of opportunities to simplify, scale, and drive impact.
Please provide a portfolio of your work that demonstrates your ability to design learning experiences adhering to adult learning methodology best practices.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Work backwards from business goals and metrics as well as identified performance gaps to identify root-causes of gaps and opportunities for improvement through education
• Consult customers and stakeholders on root-causes of defined performance gaps including when, where, and why training might mitigate or close the gap as well as when it will not
• Establish relevant, observable, and measurable goals and objectives
• Right-size solutions by balancing customer needs against business realities
• Leverage data to drive design decisions
• Drive learner engagement through refined visual facilitation and highly interactive content
• Ensure that style guides and internal review processes are followed
• Identify and align deployment strategies to ensure content reaches end-users throughout the employee life-cycle at the appropriate cadence and scale
• Develop innovative and simplified solutions which maximize knowledge and skill acquisition (capability) while minimizing the operational burden (e.g. seat time) associated with training
• Drive content agility to develop multiuse learning objects and solutions
• Develop and implement mechanisms to audit and update content
• Align content with policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Manage a catalog of diverse learning objects and evaluate their efficacy
• Bachelor Degree or 6+ years of job experience can be used in place of formal education
• 10+ years of professional or military experience
• Experience with one or more e-learning authoring tools e.g. Articulate 360 and Camtasia
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
• 3+ years working as an Instructional Designer
• 2+ years as a people manager
• Experience managing third-party vendor relationships and projects
• Advanced education (MS, MA, PhD)
• Professional certification in Program and/or Project Management
• CPLP certification or similar
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top