Sr. Leader, Solutions Architecture - US-Central Enterprise Greenfield
- Cincinnati, OH
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to lead, coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solution Architects. This role is based in the US Central Area, supporting Enterprise businesses, leading a team of technical solution architects and other team leaders.
You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects team by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will enable business outcomes across a broad set of customers. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring Managers for our Solutions Architects.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills.
You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 30% as needed
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
• At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise and mid-market customers.
• Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions, business-IT transformations, or relevant consulting experience. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of a Solutions Architects.
• You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related degree
• 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
• 7+ years sales, technical pre-sales, product development, or customer facing resources
• 5+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, application development, and networking
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with Executives and/or Developers
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top